cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Olympian Wave heater

PamfromVA
Explorer
Explorer
We do alot of boondocking in the fall/winter. I would like one of these heaters intalled in our fifth wheel for mornings when you aren't worried about your tanks freezing but want to take the chill out of the air. Our stove sits right next to a large pantry and my husband thinks he can tap into the propane line that is there for the stove and run a pipe out the side of the pantry with a cut off switch and quick disconnect for a hose to hook to the heater. The hose would fit under the pantry door so the door would not have to remain open when we were using the heater. Please let me know what you think about this plan.

thanks,
Pam
2016 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2017 Dodge Ram 3500
One DH
two very spoiled camping dogs
19 REPLIES 19

PamfromVA
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all...wanted to make sure it was ok to hook up through the stove.
2016 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2017 Dodge Ram 3500
One DH
two very spoiled camping dogs

ICamel
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Pam!
Yes, that plan will work.
If your husband is comfortable doing the installation, by all means go ahead or alternately have a certified technician do the install.
I have used a Olympian Wave6 Catalytic heater for comfort heating for over five years now. I even run it overnight while sleeping. It uses approximately one-third gallon of propane on the low setting with overnight use.
You do need to leave 24 square inches of open window/vent space for sufficient oxygen flow. That is the equivalent of two 24 inch tall windows open 1/2 inch. Follow the instructions that come with your heater.

Hi Don! I haven't died yet from the heater.
ICamel

2017 Arctic Fox 992
2005 Ford F350 Lariat SuperDuty CrewCab 4x4 + 6 Speed Manual + 19.5" Tires + LoadLifter 5000 Rear Air Bags
2005 16' River Wild Drift Boat
Honda EU2000i
Trophytrout FlyFisherman

MrWizard
In our previous MH, that is the way or Wave Heater was connected
Using a 6ft house so we could move it and point it whet we wanted the heat
Remember to get the legs/stand kit ( two legs/stands ) so it is self supporting
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
The wave heaters are popular, and the company and many users love them and claim no problems, like a kerosun in a home, I would leave a window cracked and make sure the CO detector was on.
As to connecting to stove propane, the lines are all low pressure, and the amount used by an Olympian is so miniscule, it wont bother the stove or any other appliances at all.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I won't use an unvented combustion heater. Pay a little more and get one that vents through the wall.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.