cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outdoor table w/sink

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
OK, maybe not exactly a DIY project, but I did make some modifications to it, so... I wanted to share with you a product that I recently purchased. This is a portable folding table (about 2โ€™ x 4โ€™) with a built in sink:

Portable Table & Sink

It goes up and down very quickly and easily (folds very compactly, and includes a quick-connect faucet). Itโ€™s very sturdy, and extremely handy. I cut about 5โ€ off the bottom of the legs (just below the cross braces; itโ€™s 37โ€ tall to begin with) so that the height matched another plain 2โ€™x4โ€™ folding table that I use for my BBQ grille.
I then tapped into my RVโ€™s pressurized water system and use a quick-connect garden hose fitting on each end of a short hose between the RV and the table/sink, so that I have running water at the sink even when boondocking. A small collapsible bucket for the drain completes my setup.

I gotta tell you, this thing is great! It is so handy to have a sink with a faucet outside while BBQing, etc. When I purchased it, there were several similar units also on Amazon, but none of them had the quick-mount faucet, which makes a big difference in ease of setup/takedown. I also added Velcro straps to the underneath side to hold the faucet, hose, drain, and collapsed bucket when folded up for storage. That way it is all one single unit for travel.

Just thought Iโ€™d share. Sometimes you run across a product that just works. This is one of those. :B
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II
19 REPLIES 19

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
dewey02 wrote:
4x4van wrote:
dewey02 wrote:

That is a nice unit. That's more substantial than I need or want, but it sure looks to be really nice quality. How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking.

I think I got it at Sam's club for something like $80. But that was probably 8-10 years ago.

They don't make it anymore. Thanks to some very-very populated places with very-very little resources, anything metal has become either extinct or prohibitively expensive. I was unable to find anything of this kind in stainless.

DHDB
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.homedepot.com/p/MUSTEE-Utilatub-Combo-24-in-x-18-in-Polypropylene-Floor-Mounted-Laundry-Tub-in-White-21CP/203579727

Connected to the hot and cold low point drains. Created a drain using a pvc ball valve and a few reducers. It now drains into a garden hose and that drains into the site sewer dump.
The best part is that all hoses and cords are stored in the sink during travel. Nice and compact...

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Everything in my MH (except the toilet) that is water related is on the driver side. For me, I installed a T under the MH at the cold water low-point drain. From there, I ran a line across under the MH to the passenger side, where I installed a 1/4 turn valve and a (hose) quick connect. It is up underneath the side skirt out of sight, but is fairly easy to just connect the hose (quick-connect) and open the valve.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

Zieman Jetski Trailer

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
azbrewer wrote:
4x4van wrote:
azbrewer wrote:
Got one for Father Day. I put a hose "Y" in the line and then a Aqua Tainer on the roof so I don't have to run in and turn on pump.

I typically leave my pump on when I'm boondocking; no need to "run in and turn on pump"? RV and outside table is always under pressure and ready to use. And of course with hookups, the system is pressurized as well, so...
For reasons unknown we have never left the pump on when not in use.
For those of you that have tapped into your MH water system where and how did you tap in. My outside shower is on the opposite side of my camp area. Did you T off the hot or cold water line in back of the Water heater?

azbrewer
Explorer
Explorer
4x4van wrote:
azbrewer wrote:
Got one for Father Day. I put a hose "Y" in the line and then a Aqua Tainer on the roof so I don't have to run in and turn on pump.

I typically leave my pump on when I'm boondocking; no need to "run in and turn on pump"? RV and outside table is always under pressure and ready to use. And of course with hookups, the system is pressurized as well, so...
For reasons unknown we have never left the pump on when not in use.
2000 Holiday Rambler Vacationer
2007 Matrix Toad or
1986 Samurai
FMCA 2435S

bobwalter
Explorer
Explorer
OPs sink/table on sale at Cabella's now for $59.00
Lynda & Bob ..N8DUV
2000 Safari Trek
sunny Sebastian, Florida

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
4x4van wrote:
dewey02 wrote:
I've got something similar, but a lot more substantial and with more room. It is called the Lewis and Clark Outdoor Kitchen. I hook it up to my outdoor shower connection. It has a shelf underneath, and tables on each side to hold an outdoor stove, dishrack or whatever. It has hooks and a shelf to hold soap, towels, utensils, etc. It folds into a suitcase size case when not in use.

That is a nice unit. That's more substantial than I need or want, but it sure looks to be really nice quality. How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking.

I think I got it at Sam's club for something like $80. But that was probably 8-10 years ago.

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
dewey02 wrote:
I've got something similar, but a lot more substantial and with more room. It is called the Lewis and Clark Outdoor Kitchen. I hook it up to my outdoor shower connection. It has a shelf underneath, and tables on each side to hold an outdoor stove, dishrack or whatever. It has hooks and a shelf to hold soap, towels, utensils, etc. It folds into a suitcase size case when not in use.

Zieman Jetski Trailer

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
azbrewer wrote:

Zieman Jetski Trailer

azbrewer
Explorer
Explorer
2000 Holiday Rambler Vacationer
2007 Matrix Toad or
1986 Samurai
FMCA 2435S

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Lewis & Clark Folding Camp KitchenCurrently unavailable.

Folding Camp Kitchen

Scroll down and see a ton of like items.

bigdaddy51200
Explorer
Explorer
dewey02 wrote:

Where can you buy one ? I haven't been able to find one .
2014 THOR CHALLENGER 37KT

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II

Blacklane
Explorer
Explorer
I love this idea because it allows you to spend more time outside.
The big thing I missed when "upgrading" from a fold-down to an RV was that everything in an RV is mounted inside. I would have to carry an extra stove, table, grill, and dishpans so I could spend more time outside. Modern RVs have now introduced outdoor kitchens, but they really add to the cost of the RV and take a lot of room. This table/sink plus a stove provides most of an outdoor kitchen for a fraction of the cost needed for an RV outdoor kitchen.