cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Plastic toilet and sink cleaning?

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
At some point filling it with water and dishwasher detergent and gentle rubbing with a sponge doesn't work. Resistant stains in sink after mechanical/painting/lubricating work, stains in toilet accumulate with time too.

Scoring pads? Even the most delicate Scotchbrite pad w/foam backing - pink color - is not recommended on Acrylic fixtures.

Then there is baking soda with vinegar - TAD works.

Barkeepers Friend was recommended by somebody for careful use on Acrylic. Ingredients: LINEAR SODIUM DODECYL BENZENE SULFONATE (DDBSA), OXALIC ACID.

Did anybody try the 'Friend, or is there anything else?
24 REPLIES 24

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Almot wrote:
Car polish sounds interesting.
Softscrub - could you ask the wife, which one? They have 6 different cleaners - gel, no gel, Oxi, w/bleach, without.

She uses the one with bleach but for cleaning they all work about the same. The key is it's very very mildly abrasive kinda like toothpaste as mentioned above.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Yeti_plus
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Just wet, wipe, and rinse. Have used them in both the trailer and the camper.
Brian
2014 Chevrolet 3500 CC 4X4 Duramax, Tork Lift Tiedowns, TorkLift Fastguns, Superhitch and supertruss
2009 Jayco 213 SOLD
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not an issue for us Porcelain Toilet bowl and Stainless Steel sink.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
x3 on Soft Scrub with bleach or Soft Scrub Lemon Cleanser for that fresh lemony smell.

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
x2 on Soft Scrub...with bleach.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

rockylarson
Explorer
Explorer
Toothpaste. Any whitening brand,
Jan and Rocky
Volunteers for USFWS. 29 refuges with 9300 hrs ea since 2006. 2004 Allegro 30DA, Workhorse 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty Jet, Blue Ox Aladdin, Brake Buddy Advantage Select, 300 watts solar, 5 Optima group 31 AGM's, 2000watt Ames PSW inverter.

Rvpapa
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaner sold for use on glass stove tops works perfectly. Actually a very fine rubbing compound that will polish glass if you have the patience. I use it on a folded up paper towel with excellent results.
Art

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Car polish sounds interesting.
Softscrub - could you ask the wife, which one? They have 6 different cleaners - gel, no gel, Oxi, w/bleach, without.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
The wife uses Softscrub. Scott's suggestion about the car polish is a good one too
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You would be surprised how well car polish works on stained plastic. Also doesn't scratch and makes them shiny again.
Had a white plastic kitchen sink in our last TT that looked like new after 13 years of use.
I also use BonAmi (not comet!) to clean plastic garbage cans. Doesn't scratch and takes of dirt that nothing else will.