cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pump Silencing & Accumulator

Vintage465
Nomad
Nomad
So I got all my stuff together to quiet the pump down and smooth out the flow. The little ShurFlo accumulator tank is pumped with 40 psig of air. It is hooked up to the pump with 1/2"X36" flexible hose with 1/2 Female Pipe Threads(FPT), and from the accumulator tank to the Pex with another 1/2"X36". The accumulator accepts 1/2" FPT, the pump accepts 1/2" FPT and the Pex water line accepts 1/2 FPT. That made it easy to hook up. I could have used a shorter flex line for the hook up but I figured the total 6' of soft pipe would dull the pump.

To further help take the harshness out the pump running I glued(PL-400 subfloor glue) a piece of 1/2 wood to a 1" thick piece of ergo-mat the screwed the pump to the wood, then glued it to the floor with a dob, 'bout the size of a quarter of the PL400 on each corner of the ergo-mat. That way if I had to, I could get it back off.

This little mod really made a difference. The pump is not silent, but is very quiet. The water flow is real steady even on low flow. the water that comes out of my filter faucet(dual stage under-sink)is much more steady too. When I ordered my accumulator tanks, my intention was to install one just like you see and the other one downstream of the under-sink filter to help out the flow with that little dude. Not really sure I need it now. I have a pretty good amount of room under the sink, behind the drawers and around the water heater. So I may just put the other one on the "shelf of things to do" and install it later on. I would be real easy to install it if I get around to it. It would be equally easy to yank it if it doesn't work out.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!
19 REPLIES 19

Vintage465
Nomad
Nomad
Vintage465 wrote:
mbopp wrote:
Nice job! That pump should be real quiet. I had the room so I installed a 2-gallon residential expansion tank.

I have actually thought about using the larger accumulation tank, but in reality for our use I think the larger tank would be overkill. However, if we actually started using our shower for something other than storage and a coat rack...........this could be logical.

Furthering that thought...........A two gallon tank would add two gallons of fresh water capacity...............
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

Vintage465
Nomad
Nomad
mbopp wrote:
Nice job! That pump should be real quiet. I had the room so I installed a 2-gallon residential expansion tank.

I have actually thought about using the larger accumulation tank, but in reality for our use I think the larger tank would be overkill. However, if we actually started using our shower for something other than storage and a coat rack...........this could be logical.
V-465

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Vintage465 wrote:
So I got all my stuff together to quiet the pump down and smooth out the flow.

The key to a more quiet running pump is to ISOLATE it from the body of the RV. It looks like you did that both with the "motor mounts" on the feet AND the rubber pad on the bottom. Excellent.
A mistake often made is to crank down the mounting bolts too tight so that the vibrations are then transmitted through the bolts.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
yes, a very good mod IMHO. I did similar and well worth the effort.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!