cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replace Vinyl Floor

averity
Explorer
Explorer
Guess the this winter in northern VT was bad since when I just opened up our 7 year old 26' Springdale TT I found 5 floor splits all at the heating floor registers. Each split is from 2-4". First winter we did not head south in a few years. Need some advice about "easy" floor replace as a DIYer. Has anyone used flooring self-stick tiles as a flooring replacement? Will they not stick properly due to travel flexing and cold storage if we do not go to Florida this winter? What options are there besides vinyl flooring and experience with each? Thanks.
VT Wanderer
Northern VT
266RELL-GL Springdale TT
2007 Dodge Ram Laramie 5.7 Hemi Quad 4x4
5 REPLIES 5

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I used Allure free floating floor .. took up the old carpet and put a coat of water sealer on wood before applying the Allure. Not a great DIY and if I can do it anyone can - just buy a spare box in case you make a goof .. no big deal and not expensive.
Kevin

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
I used Allure in my stick and brick in the utility room where the washer and dryer are located. The floor is generally holding up well after two years use, but there is some minor separation at the glue strips caused most likely by the constant vibration of the machines. My 5er would probably shake that floor even more then the washing machines-and then there are the temperature extremes. Hope that helps.
TakingThe5th - Chicago, Western Suburbs
'05 Ford F350 Crew 6.0 DRW Bulletproofed. Pullrite Super 5th 18K 2100 hitch.
'13 Keystone Cougar 333MKS, Maxxfan 7500, Progressive EMS-HW50C, Grey Water System.

mobilefleet
Explorer
Explorer
easiest thing to do would be to cutout each register hole a little bit larger and then replace the registers with larger ones

BuckBarker
Explorer
Explorer
I did Allure sticky strips but others have also used snap lock with good results. Note that the Allure is not recommended for RV use but I have had it in my rig which was in the mountains of AZ where it frequently got 0 or below and now here in FL where it gets hotter than the gates of hell. It is holding up beautifully.

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did Allure free floating floor from Home Depot and it was easy. I removed the old and placed the new in a day and a half. Simple.