DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Manual stabilizer jacks with a drill

I had an extra cordless drill laying around here and thought I'd put it in the TT. I also took the bit out of my socket set thinking I could just use that to move the stabilizer jacks. I soon realized that I had no way to mount the bit onto the drill...

Gillkid by Explorer
  • 36 replies
  • 0 likes

New roof! Should I use TPO or EPDM ??

Going to replace my Roof this summer on my 34' Coachmen. Has several patches in it right now, but needs to be done soon. The roof I have now is EPDM. But I've read that the TPO is easier to install and that it help reduce the temperature inside the c...

Fog Lamps

Hi all,Just got a 2015 Jayco Redhawk 23XM, and I want to add fog lights. I'd really to use Ford OEM lights that fit the existing cut-outs on the E450,I haven't been able to find any that will be an exact fit, and Ford hasn't answered my email.Any bo...

Roadtrek bathroom mirror

IHave A 2005 Roadtrek 190 Versatile. Are The Mirrors On The Bathroom DOor Real Mirror GlaSs, OrAre They Plexiglass Mirror. Thanks In Advance.

How to cure dinette table wobble

So many things on travel trailers are the thinnest, the lightest and the least substantial in order to reduce costs and boost the bottom line of the TT manufacturer. Dinette table legs are no exception. The same type is used on the vast majority of...

Fixing Keystone's poor engineering

I have the RV in my sig, a quality product (sarcasm) that has so far suffered a broken frame where the pin box connects to the RV frame (scary) while driving down the road, and now a failed converter.3-4 years life out of a junk WFCO converter is pro...

ib516 by Explorer II
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggestions on where to install exterior shower?...

I have a 24' slumber queen 1997. I would love to install a exterior hot/cold shower somewhere just not sure where. Has anyone had experience installing one on a similar rig? Also, what's the best way to cut into the rig? I'm thinking drill a hole and...

Questions about replacing locks

I want to replace my locks because of all the stories that everyone shares keys. Suggestions? Tubular locks? Any brand of regular key locks that are not cookie cutter key templates? Anything useful to reinforce the storage locks and door lock?

Safe low VOC Carpet....look for this!

Just found that my favorite carpet sample also happens to be "Green Label Plus" certified. Really relieved. My immune system crashed when I was five when my parents built their first home. I started going anaphylactic every few months, became aller...

Propane Line - Extra Long - 30+ feet?

I want to use the following two items connected to my quick connect propane connection on my trailer. Has anyone done this? I read somewhere that it would be hard because that line already installed for the quick connect is regulated - thread said ca...

Hybrid Bunk Repair - New Material

I have recently completed a repair on the front bunk for my 2007 Kodiak Hybrid 23TT. I was finding that the lower seam on the bunk end was letting water seep in between the fiberglass and the aluminum channel. Unfortunately, inside the fiberglass is...