cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Securing the Underbelly

West_Beachhouse
Explorer
Explorer
Just returned from the beach and found one of the sections of the underbelly cover dangling...Chatted with our RV repair shop and wondered how you may have re-secured your underbelly if you found it un-secured.
Thank you.
West Beachhouse
4 REPLIES 4

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
All the above. Tape, sheet metal screws, silicone. The material is called corrugated plastic. Made just like cardboard, but plastic instead of paper...
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

htowners
Explorer
Explorer
A tip I found online was to use cinch straps hooked every few feet so they support the rather flimsy material. This was after I struggled for an hour on a very hot day when I had to take mine off to repair a slide actuator.
2008 Tiffin Allegro Bay 38TGB
2005 Saturn Vue
Stella and Luna, our 2 shelter rescues

DesertFiver
Explorer
Explorer
Get the under panel (plastic) at a sign shop... in Tucson it was $20 for a 4X8 sheet. I created access points in the plastic to get to Drain valves and electric that were covered before.

twins89
Explorer
Explorer
Ours when we bought our rv had been taken down and apart for some repair. We put it back up with the screws and taped the seams and open areas with Eternabond. Yes it was expensive but it has held well and the plastic board underbelly has few things that will stick well. Be sure you clean the underbelly well before tying to stick anything to it.
Western New Yorkers with a Westie
2000 F350 DRW 7.3 PSD crew cab
2010 Jayco Designer 37rlqs