cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide weight/inside carrying capacity.

Mr_MrsSchleppro
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, we would like to remove the jackknife loveseat from our Salem 29 ud3 and replace it with two recliners provided we can find a couple nice ones that will fit in between the slide wall and the u-shaped dinette. My question is does anyone think the added weight of the recliners compared to the built in loveseat would be too much for the slide to "carry" while traveling. I know that this question is relevant to many things but just curious if adding a little extra weight would hurt. Thanks..Phil
Phil&April
'99F-250Superduty4x4/CrewCab/7.3
'04Tahoe4x4/5.3
'14 Salem 29ud3 TT
We used to have Johnny Cash and Bob Hope,now we have no cash and no hope.
5 REPLIES 5

Mr_MrsSchleppro
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback.
Phil&April
'99F-250Superduty4x4/CrewCab/7.3
'04Tahoe4x4/5.3
'14 Salem 29ud3 TT
We used to have Johnny Cash and Bob Hope,now we have no cash and no hope.

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wouldn't worry about that weight increase, if any.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
I just did that very thing...

you maybe adding 40 pounds.. MAX

I located 1 lady's La-Z-Boy rocker/recliner and 1 Man's La-Z-Boy recliner...
2 days apart.. and close to the same color ( Tan )

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't think it will make any difference while traveling though if they are heavier, they could make the slide grunt a little more while being retracted.

We took out our two Flex Steel recliners and gave them away because they were too short of a fit for both the head and the legs. We met up with a friend last year at the NHRA drags in Las Vegas. He liked them, so out they went into his MH. We still haven't found taller units that we want to replace them with.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

slomark
Explorer
Explorer
A marginal difference of few hundred #s or so, should make no difference at all.
'09 Heartland Sundance 285bh, '08 CTD