cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tangled in cords

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some how or another we ended up with a gnarly mess of cords/chargers for all our electrical devices.
Two cell phones, (and of course they take different chargers), GPS, MP3 player, MP3 dock, tablet, tablet keyboard, camera, laptop, hot spot, and Lord knows what other chargeable device she'll decide we NEED.
How do you carry this mess of cords and devices so that you can easily tell which charger goes with which device. I was thinking of color coding each device along with their respective charging unit. That seems too complicated. Now I'm contemplating a separate bag/pouch for each device and their charges. (MP3 for example has 3+, Power port, AC, & USB, plus phono jacks for RV plug in usage) and then putting all pouches together in a larger tote or whatever.
Any thought/ideas? Other than leaving half this behind, how do you handle your cords?
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
16 REPLIES 16

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
My trailer ended up with two areas where I have the charger ports for all of these devices. I have a 600WATT PSW INVERTER than runs off my battery system that has two 120VAC ports for extension cords.

I run one cord to the home entertainment area and the other cord to the bedroom area.

These two 120VAC locations are always HOT being supplied by the always ON inverter setup.

I use multiple tap receptacles on the ends of thee two extension cords and all you see here is a 8 tap 120VAC Electrical connection on the back of the table top.

This is where all of my emergency operated devices are powered up...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
Your idea of separate bags for each item, then one container for them all seems reasonable. JMO
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH