Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thomas Payne, Rec Pro, or Best Furniture

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all

Question for anyone that has any of the above brands of theater seating, recliners,
or love seats....

Can you please comment on how the material is holding up, problems you might have had, and comfort.

Hubby is 6’ 230 lb and I am 5’4” 120 lb. it’s difficult to find something that works for both of us. Want theater seating. Not separate recliners.

Read some threads on the Thomas Payne material flaking after a few years.

Appreciate your experiences.

Thanks!
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us
28 REPLIES 28

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
You may want to check their website, I looked at the list of distributors for Best and was surprised to see 5 or 6 within 25 miles of here.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

richardcoxid
Explorer
Explorer
We are interested not in the theater seating but the EURO swivel recliners. Our son has a residential brand/size one and loves it! The REC PRO site shows a weight of 50# each while the Thomas Payne site shows a 62# weight each! Could this be article weight vs shipping weight? The two brands look identical. Heavier duty, higher qualitie materials etc? Guess that I will have to call each Co. to find out (maybe). Wish that we could see, feel each one!
2017 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax
2019 Outdoor RV (ORV) Timber Ridge 24RKS

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
We’ve had our Thomas Payne reclinig sofa and stand alone recliner for 3 1/2 years and ar satisfied with the way it has worn, we are not full timers. The sofa we had is three parts with the storage box in the middle to kept the air bed which we quit trying to use. The storage box has been a good spot to have some things in while traveling but limits the width of the cushion even though it’s padded. The stand alone recliner is difficult for my wife to use so now we have a small ottoman for that purpose.

When the day comes we replace them, Lazy Boys will be our top choice
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I will 2nd the recommendation for Brad and Hall furniture in Elkhart. We purchased a Lafer "Kiri" chair from them more than 13 years ago and it is still in use today with no visible wear or mechanical failure.

It is a very comfortable chair that I use every day. It replaced a fairly large upholstered recliner that came with the trailer when new. I like it because it does not take up a lot of room yet it swivels and reclines completely in addition to being comfortable for either sitting or sleeping. 🙂

We also replaced the uncomfortable sofa/bed that came with it with a leather reclining sofa that we got from Costco. You can see it in use here.

Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you want to buy high quality furniture and are going to be near Elkhart, Indianna, make a stop at Bradd and Hall (braddandhall.com) as they have a showroom with a quite a few nice couches, recliners, etc. We purchased a really nice Flexsteel sofa for our Minnie travel trailer and it was a better sofa than either of the Flexsteel units in our Bay Star. Also, they have some really nice wood furniture that they build in their wood shop. It's really well made and priced very reasonably.

We're looking at removing one of our sofas in the Bay Star and I'm considering purchasing one of the inexpensive recliners through etrailer.com. At less than $400 bucks, I don't expect it to last forever, but like the fact that it's not very heavy nor bulky.
https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Couches-and-Chairs/Thomas-Payne/195-000033.html

From what I've found online and elsewhere, it boils down to either spending for high quality or relatively inexpensive. If I were a full timer, I would only purchase high quality, but since I'm not, I don't mind purchasing something less expensive and if I get 5 years or so out of it, I'll be happy.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Teacher's Pet wrote:
We removed one of our "ultra-leather" couches and replaced it with two Best microfiber recliners...still holding up well after 13 years. The second couch has never "peeled", it has faded some, but we full-time and are not disappointed, plus we still have the other couch in storage.

Yeah, what Teacher's Pet said. Plus, I am 5' tall and he is 6'2". Believe it or not, the Best recliners hit us both in all the right places. We ordered ours in the fabric we wanted. They continue to serve us well. Haven't fallen apart and the fabric is still good after 13 years.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

linnemj
Explorer
Explorer
We bought the Best Furniture Co recliner and reclining love seat for
our home in leather. We have had them 3 years and they are comfortable and held up well. They are re-stuffable and are well built. I would highly recommend them.
Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR MBV 29
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Motorcycles!

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Im 6'3, and wife is 5'4. We replaced our cheap AZZ standard RV furniture in our Larosse with Thomas Payne Theater seating and tri fold couch. Have had it roughly a year, and so far so good. Admittedly, my feet hang off the foot stool part of the recliner, but it is very comfortable, and I have no issues whatsover.

The set we have is very firm, and we prefer that. Wife needed a couch that was firm due to her back and hip problems. She is very happy with what we have. To the point where if/when we upgrade Rv's, she wants to keep the furniture we have, regardless of what is in the new one.

I've heard of issues with flaking, but have not seen it, so cannot comment on first hand.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I would try to avoid anything Lippert (Thomas Pain). I also would never buy something I can't sit on 1st. Dropping $1,000+ site unseen is not the way to buy furniture. Go to a real furniture store and shop around. It may take going to a few different stores.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
So far the only thing I don't like about the TP recliners is that they are not zero clearance.
So they have to sit a long ways from the wall to be able to fully recline. We just don't have that much room so the recliners sit where they can't be totally reclined.
I wish we had not paid for the upgraded chairs so we could have gotten something more functional.

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
We removed one of our "ultra-leather" couches and replaced it with two Best microfiber recliners...still holding up well after 13 years. The second couch has never "peeled", it has faded some, but we full-time and are not disappointed, plus we still have the other couch in storage.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Daughter has Thomas Payne in her 5er and it's very comfortable. Only about a year old though so don't know long term durability
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had recliners built for us due to my height. On the ones that came in the DP my head was hanging off of the back and the leg rest was too short.

We found they would build them in whatever grade of material you wanted meaning from cheap to very high quality. They didn't offer just one level of covering that was either good or bad. It's you that's picking the level of covering now, not the RV maker.

When we got to talking colors and trying to match what was in there, they had us go underneath the furniture we were keeping, snip off a small piece and send it to them to match it.

You also have to make sure it will come apart so you can fit it in the door of your MH. Provide them the door measurements. the last thing you need is to have a piece of oversized furniture delivered that you can't get in the door.........

We looked to just buy something off of a store floor for a couple of years, never did find anything. Either it was too small, too wide to get two chairs in where we wanted, terrible colors, uncomfortable or poor quality. We stopped in a lot of furniture stores while traveling across the country. Finally what we did was go to a couple of RV shows for the higher end DPs, sat in the furniture for a while and then if we found something we liked, we tipped it over, took pictures of the furniture makers tags and then called them later.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, lots of reports of flaking with Thomas Payne.
Ours is only 17 months old but is holding up perfeclty so far.
Maybe the newest stuff is better? I sure hope so!