cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to theater seating(?)

ajk170
Explorer
Explorer
The DW and I are looking at ideas to upgrade to theater seating in our Outback 316RL. Since it's just the two of us we figure we can have any guests sleep on an air mattress. The couch is not comfortable to sit on at all, seems to be too short for any type of leg support while seated. Only trick I see is that we have the booth dinette and not a free standing table unit so the space is fixed. I realize C-World has a few versions based on what you want to spend, so that is one option, but I am hoping others have come up with other solutions as well.
12 REPLIES 12

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
BuckyBadger wrote:
Strabo wrote:
We prefer goucho's to recliners. We had ours re done with new padding and cloth, comfy.

What are those?...I googled it and came up with no furniture.

correct spelling gaucho It's your basic sorta sofa bed. but fold different. the back pivots forward, and flips over to make the bed. when folded looks like a typical couch.

Or at least the one's I've seen.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

ajk170
Explorer
Explorer
I'm interested to know as well, unless you have guys posing as furniture that also serve you meat as you sit there!

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
ajk170 wrote:
I appreciate the help in figuring this out, I didn't really think regular furniture would work in the TT. This gives me some options!

It does. we took the two rockers out of our 295RE, and put in two ekorness swivel chairs with footstools. SO much nicer and more comfortable.

As mentioned, make sure you can get stuff through the door.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

BuckyBadger
Explorer
Explorer
Strabo wrote:
We prefer goucho's to recliners. We had ours re done with new padding and cloth, comfy.

What are those?...I googled it and came up with no furniture.

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

ajk170
Explorer
Explorer
DREWE- good call- I've never looked under the couch to see if there is any electricity or other things! Hadn't considered that.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Before you get too far with regular furniture, do double-check that there's nothing important underneath the existing couch. Sometimes the bottom of the couch houses storage compartments or mechanical systems that make it hard to put regular household furniture in its place. (Sometimes it doesn't, as well.)

ajk170
Explorer
Explorer
I appreciate the help in figuring this out, I didn't really think regular furniture would work in the TT. This gives me some options!

bilmarde
Explorer
Explorer
We took out the booth dinette in our truck camper and put in two lazyboys. The dinette was in a slide so there was enough let room to recline. The back comes off the chairs so getting them in was no problem. We have a 2006 Lance 1191.
2011 Ford F250
1998 Cari-Lite 31RK
1990 Chevrolet 3500 Dually
1995 Lance 945

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
CW and furniture.................NOPE

Buy furniture via a furniture store.

Measure area where you want it to go
Side to side, height and DEPTH (especially when in use)

Measure door entry.

Make sure furniture comes apart so sections can come in thru door

Replaced the OEM Flex Steel Junk with seating from LazyBoys
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

BendOrLarry
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced our jackknife sofa in our class c for theater seating. It was a great change. We got ours at a place called, Shop 4 seats. They specialize in rv furniture. Be aware that a lot of non rv specific furniture will not fit through many rv doors. Our theater seating came in 3 sections and easily fit through the door and was the exact same dimensions as the sofa it replaced, plus is a "wall away" style which is important in an rv.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Get the measurements that you need for the space. Go to any of the furniture stores in your area. We got a Best Furniture theater seat for our 5th wheel at a local furniture store. There's many different brands out there. It doesn't have to be an RV specific sofa.