cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Vessel Sink

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
We have a glass vessel sink in our 5th wheel bathroom. My wife hates it so I was wondering if I could replace it with a regular sink. We have something resembling corian counter top. So I do not know if I can cut a hole and plop in a new sink....
6 REPLIES 6

austex
Explorer
Explorer
Is your counter-top "standard height", or lower to allow the vessel sink to be at normal height? Will you have reasonable drain/P-trap routing from the bottom of the now-lower tail-piece?
Tom & Jessie
Central Texas
MVPRV(RIP) Coast 26LRBS TT

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
When using a jigsaw, use green painters tape to protect the counter surface because it scratches easily. The tape is good for marking the cut anyway.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Corian is just 'plastic', it cuts pretty easy and there's no special tricks to it. Just think like a finish carpenter, fine tooth blade....be it jig-saw or small circular saw

x2. I added a soap dispenser in mine. Just got a hole saw and drilled it out. Stuff is soft. That's why it scratches so easy.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Corian is just 'plastic', it cuts pretty easy and there's no special tricks to it. Just think like a finish carpenter, fine tooth blade....be it jig-saw or small circular saw
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
There was a guy in Quartzsite that made sink and stove covers using corian. He would cut it with a sabre, jig or band saw depending on what he was making and then sand the edges smooth with sand paper.

Based on my skill set I would do it instead of hiring it done. So if you're handy and have the tools go for it.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, but I would have someone familiar with composite or granite countertops do it.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker