cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yet another LED strip install.

FleaM35A2
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered a 5050 multicolored LED strip through Amazon for a total of around $40 with shipping.

LED kit I purchased.

The kit seemed of reasonable quality for the price. However, the power supply is clearly not waterproof. So I did like some and made a waterproof enclosure for the box to sit in.

I left just enough of the IR sensor sticking out through the glob of silicone for the remote to work.

Then I mounted the box on the side of the camper using some high strength adhesive.

The power borrows from the refrigerator outlet. No photos there. Light shots to follow at night!
1971 AM General M35A2
1969 Holiday Rambler 27 Ft.
5 REPLIES 5

FleaM35A2
Explorer
Explorer
I just used a 3M double-sided mounting tape like most have used. It's the very sticky tape like you would find on the back of the 3M "Command hooks" and the like. You can buy rolls of it usually in auto parts stores or Wal-Mart.
1971 AM General M35A2

pookiebear38
Explorer
Explorer
What did you use to install the strip on the side? The reviews on most of the strips I read saId the sticky wasn't that great. Thanks for sharing though because I've been on the fence about these for the last couple of months. I like the option of having the lights even if you can't use the awning. Looks great!
Me, DH, DD21, Elliott & Abby (dogs) and Mary Jane (cat)
2007 Crossroads Cruiser CF30SK
2011 Chevrolet 2500 HD

FleaM35A2
Explorer
Explorer
Not the best photos, but you get the idea. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I couldn't get my camera to keep focus in the dark without the flash. Also, excuse the fact that my trailer needs a washing, bad!

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum limit of 640px maximum width.

1971 AM General M35A2

rwjejits
Explorer
Explorer
Almost identical to my install...except I tapped into porch light nearby for power.

Looks great BTW.
2004 Ford F250 6.0
OEM TTYs Still Tight
210+ and Pulls Great
Original Owner- Lawrence Marshall Ford - Hempsted, Tx. (Closed 2009)
SCT, SG2, Deletes, Pyro, Free Flowing Exhaust, Timbrens, ELC & Filter

2011 Keystone Laredo 245RL

PortWentworthSa
Explorer
Explorer
Love your project. I had to laugh at your screw driver, I had to take a double take look at it. It looks just like mine after our puppy stole it out of the garage used it for a chew toy. I got a good laugh.