cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2015 Cougar 29RLI Maiden Voyage

rugermark2
Explorer
Explorer
The fam and I are taking our maiden voyage tomorrow in our new 5th wheel. I have been driveway camping for a week and so far I haven't seen any issues with the rv. For our 1st trip we will be driving to La Pine OR, this is just south of Bend OR and 4 hours away from where I live. Wish me luck. I hope nothing major goes wrong on the 1st trip.
2011 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins
2015 Cougar 29RLI
8 REPLIES 8

rugermark2
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy that truck & rig. With a 10,000# GVWR that is a nice combo.....truck/trailer

Thanks Old-Biscuit. I did actually enjoy my truck and 5er over the last week. I had no WIFI where I was at so I couldn't post any comments or up dates.

I was actually very amazed that I had zero issues with the brand new 5er. I think driveway camping for a week paid off. The only thing that sucks now is that I have to return to work.
2015 Cougar 29RLI

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
rugermark2 wrote:
Old-Biscuit I tow with a 2011 Ram 2500 LB QC 4X4 with the 6.7. I should probably put that into signature. You are so lucky to be doing this full time. I am only able go every other weekend since I work full time still.

With a 10,000# GVWR that is a nice combo.....truck/trailer

We are no longer FTng. Came off road and bought a house 1st part of this year.
So we are back to 'camping'...but we can GO whenever the itch occurs :B

Enjoy that truck & rig.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

rugermark2
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit I tow with a 2011 Ram 2500 LB QC 4X4 with the 6.7. I should probably put that into signature. You are so lucky to be doing this full time. I am only able go every other weekend since I work full time still.

johnrbd I haven't been to silver lake in years, sounds like I will have to checkout a place to eat up there.
2015 Cougar 29RLI

johnrbd
Explorer
Explorer
Nice area. Are you going to the Cowboy Dinner Tree restaurant at Silver Lake? If you are, take your appetite with you, you'll need it.

Reservations Required
(541) 576-2426

Salad-complimented by our special
recipe Honey Mustard or Ranch Dressing

Hearty Soup -served piping hot with
Old Fashioned Sweet Yeast Rolls

The true Cowboy Cut
26 - 30 oz. Top Sirloin Steak
or
1 Whole Roasted Chicken

with a Baked Potato

Top it off with one of our delicious Dessert

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Congrats on the new 5th wheel!

Driveway camping is a Great way to check it out prior to travel.
We driveway camped next to our house waiting for couple months when we put house up for sale. House was empty and our 'new' home was stocked ready to go.

What are you towing with?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

rugermark2
Explorer
Explorer
GPG52!
I hope your trip goes well also. I also hope you were able to test your major systems before you left, this can help prevent an unpleasant trip.
2015 Cougar 29RLI

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Driveway camping for a few days before your first outing should improve your chances for a problem free maiden voyage, we didn't get a chance to driveway camp before our first trip out, luckily we didn't have any issues pop up. Here's hoping this is one of many wonderful trips in your new Cougar.

GPG52_
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations on your new purchase.
We are also taking our new 2014 Cougar 327RES out today for its maiden voyage, Ontario to Nashville,TN then across to NC and back up through Buffalo.
Only a few leaning experiences i) how to turn off the landing light at the front of the 5er ii) we had some water accumulate between the floor and the undercarriage barrier?? iii) another new Cougar owner warned to make sure that the fridge defrost drip pipe extends out of the RV as to avoid discharge on the floor.
Enjoy, I know we will
GPG
GPG ๐Ÿ™‚
2014 Ford F250, 6.2L, 4.30 Ratio, 6 speed
2014 Cougar (by Keystone) 327 RES