Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

50amp surge protector ?

sele
Explorer
Explorer
Hi
What is everybody using for a portable inline surge protector. We have a new Chaparral lite and it is a 50 amp service. I am looking for a portable inline surge protector and wondered what everyone is using? Thanks for an replies.
scott
22 REPLIES 22

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
smlranger wrote:
I have the inline Progressive Industries 50amp model. Been using it for about 6 months and it has been in some serious heavy rain and so far it is working fine.
I could have written that. I'm very happy with it. I had the SurgeGuard before and when it melted down due to water intrusion, I went with the PI unit, and it's been great.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

wantabe351
Explorer
Explorer
progressive 50a but used the hard wired unit...love it, never need to worry about it walking away, and with the remote display inside the rv i can see whats going on with our electrical....
[purple]Rich & Andrea
[/purple] Semi-Retired
2022 Ram2500 6.4 CC

2019Keystone,Impact26v-TH,solarpower

,Lithium Batt.. all to take our 2012 Yamaha FJR along to ride..

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also P.I. I had a mechanical failure in the output socket on the first one I bought (after about 10 months) and P.I. replaced the entire unit with a new one in about three days.

Outstanding service.

A
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Progressive Industries 50amp portable unit for two years now with no issues or complaints.

Dave
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
I have the inline Progressive Industries 50amp model. Been using it for about 6 months and it has been in some serious heavy rain and so far it is working fine.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also consider a autoformer.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Earlier posts on Hughes Bulldog make it sound like it might be worth a look.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
The go-to for years were the Progressive Industries units. After a recent buy-out, though, complaints have gone way up. Issues with weatherproofing seems to be the biggest complaint followed by warranty problems. Still not a bad unit, but you need to know what you're getting in to. There are other options out there. Now, PI's hardwired units don't seem to have the same complaints since, obviously, they aren't exposed to weather, but the warranty issues still remain. There's one unit, can't remember which one, that is rebuildable after an event that takes it out.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member