cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A 76yr old, 1992 King of the road 5th, now what?

klink1
Explorer
Explorer
Roof leaks in spots, roof rubber has separated from plywood, 2nd owner 5th and is in good shape inside. Stove, refer, microwave, radio, T.V., water heater, air-con., forced air heater, two other heaters, water pumps and water filters (need new filters inside) all working and in good shape. sixteen inch lowboy tires, two to three thousand miles on them and a 5th wheel hitch is available. Can't find what it all is worth to sell without fixing roof leaks or sell with the leaks. I would think it needs a new roof but that's 5 to 7 thousand and I don't think the 5th is worth that with the same roof or with a new roof. Exterior has a few dings but hard to see at a distance of 15 feet. Everything go's, no need to buy anything for a trip.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
klink1
8 REPLIES 8

Shadow_Grey
Explorer
Explorer
If you own it... have someone roll truck liner on the roof and paint it white then caulk the heck out of everything else to stop the leak. If not sell for scrap or whatever you can get out of it. If not forget about it...too much maintenance for a older person.
'11 F150 XLT Red Candy Met. Ecoboost 4X4 Screw 5.5', Max Tow,Reese R16k 5th wheel hitch,Ride-Rite Air Springs, E Rated Tires, Extang Cover
'13 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 29RES,triple slides,Mor/Ryde suspension, Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder, 16" E rated tires

poncho62
Explorer
Explorer
Someone might buy it for parts...Anything is fixable if a person is handy enough, all depends what they want to get into

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don't buy it if you are looking at it.

Don't take it for free unless you have a place to scrap it

If trying to sell it.........don't
Find a place to scrap it
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
No matter how good it looks, if it has had leaks in several places and it's that old then it's really not worth anything. If it was free you could enjoy it for a little while but otherwise I would pass it up.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kings are very nice 5er's still miss my 86 no slide King!! It was a great starter, and yes a major fixer, about $400 in materials, and a ton of labor!!!
I don't charge myself for labor!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

newk
Explorer
Explorer
I certainly wouldn't have it repaired at shop rates to turn around and sell it. If you don't think it would sell (post repairs) for what it would cost to repair it, sell it as a fixer-upper. I'm sure there are plenty of folks with young healthy bodies who would jump at the chance to take it off your hands for a grand, then spend a month or two doing the repairs before they put it back on the road.

klink1
Explorer
Explorer
Any ideas you can give me on what to do??????????

kaydeejay
Explorer
Explorer
? What exactly are you asking? :h
Keith J.
Sold the fiver and looking for a DP, but not in any hurry right now.