cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice ?

Gebrown
Explorer
Explorer
I'd first like to start off with an apology to anyone I've annoyed by asking so many questions so fast. I'm just anxious and nevervous about all this at the same time so I have a lot of questions and concerns.
After reading advice on here and doing research I've come to the conclusion to eleminate certain TH's like the Coachmen 301BLDS and some other heavier models.
Howver, I do have one more bigger size TH question though so please bear with me. What do you think of a 30' 6023 UVW Hyper Lite 27HFS? To much?

Or I am now looking for at the open floor plan modesl like the KZ MXT 20? Any recommendations on those brand wise?

Any help is appreciated, I'm trying to do what's best for me, my family and others around as we attempt to get into the RV community.

Thank You
18 REPLIES 18

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Your question about whether it is too large is kinda like asking how long is a piece of rope..without more info everything would just be a guess.

What is your tow vehicle?
How much actual payload do you have?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

bobx2
Explorer
Explorer
TH TT all seem to have a fairly high tongue weight, so be sure you are set up to handle the weight. My 26' Energy TH had a dry tongue weight of 1,150 lbs. Never checked it when loaded with toys and 100 gallons of fresh water. Sure it was well over 1,200 lbs. I had enough truck and hitch to go well past that, so I never worried about putting it on a scale. Just be sure you are set up to handle whatever you are looking at. I wouldn't worry about hitting all the weights right on, but try to keep it close.
Becky, Bob, Taylie and Bode
2009 Silverado Duramax/Allison
2014 Heartland Sundance XLT 245RL
2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring - Mine
2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring - Wifes

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Gebrown wrote:
I'd first like to start off with an apology to anyone I've annoyed by asking so many questions so fast. I'm just anxious and nevervous about all this at the same time so I have a lot of questions and concerns.
After reading advice on here and doing research I've come to the conclusion to eleminate certain TH's like the Coachmen 301BLDS and some other heavier models.
Howver, I do have one more bigger size TH question though so please bear with me. What do you think of a 30' 6023 UVW Hyper Lite 27HFS? To much?

Or I am now looking for at the open floor plan modesl like the KZ MXT 20? Any recommendations on those brand wise?

Any help is appreciated, I'm trying to do what's best for me, my family and others around as we attempt to get into the RV community.

Thank You

It all comes down to the weight, GVW, GCW and tongue weight. That being said a 30' tag trailer is one big momma! I would not want to pull it with my 2500HD Duramax, let alone a 1/2 ton. To me not a comfortable tow.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

TxTiger
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2011 KZ Sportsman toy hauler that I've had for 2.5 yrs and it has been a great unit. Not real fancy but well built. From my research, KZ builds light weight units that do not compromise quality of construction. The two year warranty is very nice also. Mine has thick, real plywood flooring and roof. I was just on the roof Monday checking my caulking and I don't feel any "give" in the roof when I walk on it. For extra safety, I upgraded to E rated tires, as my rims were rated for 80 pounds of pressure. The axles are plenty strong in terms of their rating.

The negative is a somewhat light carrying capacity. With the options on mine I only have about 2,300 pounds of carrying capacity for a 8,000 pound maximum.. This works for me as I don't travel with the water tank filled or heavy bikes. But, two Harley's and packed up would definitely be pushing it.
2000 F250, 7.3 PSD, 6 speed manual, CC, SB
2013 Northstar TC800