cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air mattress for sofa bed

Bpetrina
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, thanks for the add. We have a 2013 Keystone Avalanche that's has a couch with air mattress which broke last year, a chamber seam opened. Called to replace and it was $208.00 so I bought a single high air mattresses with built in pump, $60.00. It worked for a while and now it leaks air. Does anyone have suggestions on how I can remedy this and not buy a new air mattress every year?? Thanks for any feedback.
7 REPLIES 7

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Look at LL Bean or Cabelas for their mattresses. We have had a Therm-a-rest mattress from LLB for approx. 10 years. Well made.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
The main advantage to the inflatable over the one that folds in 3 or the foam is the air mattress takes less space to store when not in use. 🙂
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

wvcampers
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Dream Air mattress. It is made for the folding beds. It is very comfortable. It inflates and deflates very quickly. Ours is 2 years old and gets used a lot. They have a web site and you can buy direct.
2017 F350 6.7 CC Lariat DRW
2018 Cardinal Luxury Edition 3250 RLX

Njmurvin
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased our trailer a couple of months ago. It had an air mattress in the fold out bed with a battery operated pump. It was terrible and took forever to inflate/deflate. It also lost air and was uncomfortable. We bought a InnoMax ForeverAire mattress from Amazon based on its excellent reviews. It wasn't cheap but it has the pump built in with a silent low flow pump to maintain the pressure during the night. We've only had it for a short time so I can't speak to its longevity. But the folks that have slept on it raved about how comfortable it was. It came with a tote bag and we store it in the compartment under our main bed.
2020 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax 4x4 Crew Cab Standard box

2011 Arctic Fox 27.5L

Tal_IL
Explorer
Explorer
Our sofa bed had an air mattress, but we always thought it was awkward to take down during the day when we need it multiple days. The wife ordered a mattress that folds in thirds and it is both more convenient and more comfortable.

she got it online, but I don't know where from - probably through Amazon, though.
35 miles from Normal, IL. As close to normal as I'll ever be.

2006 Country Coach Inspire Genoa 40ft

tjfogelberg
Explorer
Explorer
Consider a foam topper instead. Much more comfortable and won't go flat. They come in every size and variety you can imagine. We have 2 in our RV, great.

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
Must have gotten a bad one. The one that came in our unit went bad after about 2 years and I bought one for abt. $50.00 and it is still going, about 6 years now. 🙂
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"