cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone towing their camping trailer with a RZR or UTV?

fly-boy
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a RZR a few months ago which is street legal in AZ. Last week I came across RZR hitches so I purchased one which will arrive today!

My plan is to use the RZR to tow a small camping trailer- Who else is doing it?
2016 Chevy LTZ
2009 WW HKD
A few toys...
21 REPLIES 21

Searching_Ut
Explorer
Explorer
With the Andersen Ultimate, it might just be possible to tow my 5er....

Seriously, I've seen folks towing small utility trailers, and once when I got the truck stuck in the sand with my RZR on a utility trailer behind it I ended up unhooking the trailer and dragging the trailer to firmer ground with my RZR using a borrowed ball and adapter. Personally I wouldn't want to go very heavy, maybe 500lbs or so, and would only tow in low range for fear of trashing the belt
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD, 4X4, AISIN, B&W Companion Puck Mount
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS, 1kw solar with Trimetric and dual SC2030, 600 watt and 2k inverters.

fly-boy
Explorer
Explorer
I am gonna get the hitch on this week and then tow a buddies trailer and see how it does- Much of the time we camp 20-40 miles from the house and only 8 of it is paved so what the heck.

Will post pictures.
2016 Chevy LTZ
2009 WW HKD
A few toys...

AZDesertRat
Explorer
Explorer
Year before last I was camping south of Flagstaff near Mountainaire. We were not in an improved campground so when it rained it became quite muddy and slick. My F-150 at the time was 2 wheel drive and when I hooked up to the 25' toy hauler it would not move.
I towed my truck out to the main road with my Arctic Cat Prowler, installed the load levelling hitch on the Arctic Cat, hooked up to the toy hauler and pulled it out of the camp, down the side road and out to the main gravel road.
My buddies were amazed it did it! Not something I would do every day but I was amazed at how well it pulled it other than the steering being a little light.
2014 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 Ecoboost
2006 Ragen FS2500 Toy Hauler
2006 Arctic Cat Prowler

Bedlam
Plenty of Europeans tow utility or pop trailers behind their 650cc and larger street legal buggies. You will need to do some wiring for turn/brake/running lights on your UTV and swap to some better wearing DOT tires - I use snow tires with no studs. I have flat towed another buggy and moved my utility trailer around on private property but have not bothered to wire in a 4-prong and converter for street use.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

STANG23L
Explorer
Explorer
RZR's and Rangers have 1500-2000lb tow ratings. So you could tow a variety of small campers with out a problem. I've towed some hefty loads with my Ranger XP900 with out issue. Add brakes on the camper and it should do fairly well.

Main issue will be burning up your belt towing in high range.
2014 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
As a kid I towed my dad's fishing boat with my Kawasaki 100 with hitch strapped to the frame. That is until "the incident" LOL Just curious if the owners book gives towing specs? It might just work or not
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

dedmiston
I'd like to see some photos once the hitch arrives.

Get ready for the Weight Police. :B

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230