cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto level-slide open best sequence?

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a new Bighorn 5er with the auto level feature. At the campsite, hit the auto level button and presto, the RV is perfectly level according to a 2’ level placed on the floor in front of the fridge. Slides were put out and we settled in for a nice camping experience. After going to bed, I felt like my head was going DOWN hill. I checked the level on the floor in front of the fridge again and the bubble had moved indicating that the fridge / head of bed side of RV was definitely lower by 1 ½”. My question is: Does it matter if I put out the slides BEFORE or AFTER hitting the auto level feature or is there another issue I need to address?

Lakeside
4 REPLIES 4

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
I would think you should check out the Heartland RV Owner's Forum for advice from Big Horn owners.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
We always auto level before putting out the slides...if it's moving et2 is right, either you have a leak or a foot is sinking into the ground...
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel

cherrykiss3
Explorer
Explorer
I have the auto level system too.

While it is doing the leveling then hook everything up outside then go inside and put the slides out. Makes set up quick and easy.

I would say you might have a leak.

Cherry

et2
Explorer
Explorer
I would think your trailer settled or maybe hydraulic leak. Check for a fluid leak. Do you have the Big Foot system? The weight of the slide was always there. Maybe a frame issue?