cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Biodiesel fuel vs Diesel # 2

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
This not the right forum but I am unsure which one to use.
I use Diesel # 2 normally in my Dodge 3500 Diesel. I will be traveling through Oregon and Washington and when checking fuel stations along the way, I don't see Diesel #2 but rather Biodiesel2. Can I switch between these 2 fuels and not do any damage to my engine or other parts of my motor???????

Dodge guy
21 REPLIES 21

JEBar
Explorer
Explorer
while we were in Texas in January we took on fuel at the Flying J north of Houston .... while I was standing there I noticed that it was 20% bio diesel and that there was no other choice .... while I couldn't tell any difference in the sound or feel of the truck going down the road, a drop of almost 2 mpg (when you are only getting about 10 to start with) which clearly told me that our truck doesn't like the stuff .... hopefully I'll not make that mistake again

Jim
'07 Freightliner Sportchassis
'06 SunnyBrook 34BWKS

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II
In Iowa its been Biodiesel for some time. I add "Power Service" to the fuel, its seems to help.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

Paul_Clancy
Explorer
Explorer
B5 is pretty common in both states.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
No more than B20 and only if you have no other choice. I got regular diesel all the time we were in OR and WA last summer.

Thanks for the response so quickly. Did you use Truck Stops or what stations had Diesel #2 i.e. shell, chevorn etc.

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
No more than B20 and only if you have no other choice. I got regular diesel all the time we were in OR and WA last summer.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Javi1
Explorer
Explorer
Yes....
2015 Keystone Cougar 333MKS
2015 Ford F-350XL 6.7 CC, DRW, RWD
(Finally enough tow vehicle 14,000 GVWR 6062 payload)

millesecond
Explorer
Explorer
It is more likely just a blend, B10 biodiesel would be 10 percent biodiesel and 90 percent regular diesel. You should be fine.
2011 GMC 3500
2004 HH Champagne 35sk