cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can you shoot firearms at Dove Springs

jsalazar310
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanted some info if you can go out and shoot there.
2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2007 WW FSW2800 Billet Edi.
38 REPLIES 38

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ooh, some thin skins around here. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
jsalazar310 wrote:
Thx for the replies!! Now, were is a good spot to bring the TH to and do a lil shootin in SoCal?

I'll PM you some info, I don't want to start another spelling bee.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
"You can hardly even RIDE at Dove Springs anymore. Shooting is right out of the question. Not that you couldn't find one or two places where it's probably safe to shoot, but Mr. Ranger would be all over you. That area is under such a microscope that it would be really bad if the greenies could use that as a crusade."

Even if they shoot first, don't shoot back!

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
jsalazar310 wrote:
Thx for the replies!! Now, were is a good spot to bring the TH to and do a lil shootin in SoCal?

If you are up in the Dove Springs area, just south of Inyokern on Brown Rd about 6 miles is Witchpec Rd. There is a gun range there, and good dry camping just west a 3/4 mile or so. It is also just over the hill from Hwy 395 and Wagon Wheel, and a good ride from the railroad right of way on 395 will take you right to it. Access from Dove will be north on Red Rock-Inyokern dirt road, and then follow the trail around the edge of the wilderness boundary to the east will bring you to the range. See lots of people at the range, but unsure if it is public or private only. Range GPS 35 33'58.16" N
117 46'38.11" W

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
San Bernardino County Shooting Maps........LINK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

derwud
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
As a professional writer I could fight about grammar and punctuation allll daaaaay long, but about the shooting...

Nerd!!!
2005 Nissan Titan CC SE 4x4, 2006 Weekend Warrior FS2300
2 Quads, 2 Motorcycle and a '06 Rhino
1 Patient Wife, 1 Crazy child, 1 sweet baby.
RIP Bubba and Toby, we love you.

jsalazar310
Explorer
Explorer
2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2007 WW FSW2800 Billet Edi.

dedmiston
As a professional writer I could fight about grammar and punctuation allll daaaaay long, but about the shooting...

You can hardly even RIDE at Dove Springs anymore. Shooting is right out of the question. Not that you couldn't find one or two places where it's probably safe to shoot, but Mr. Ranger would be all over you. That area is under such a microscope that it would be really bad if the greenies could use that as a crusade.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
broccoli2 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
I take it that it means "No firearms. They are prohibited." Punctuation is a wonderful thing.

"Let's eat Grandma. Let's eat, Grandma" Comma's can save lives. ๐Ÿ™‚

I am neither good at punctuation or spelling and yet I seam to lead a great, happy life. Dose correcting people make you feel good? Pretty sure everyone knew exactly what was meant ..... Just saying.
Ps thank god for "auto correct "

Feel free to grade this response
D-
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Actually the first question was honest, I wasn't really sure which way to read it. I thought that it was that firearms were prohibited, but just thought I'd ask for clarification. The second was just more in fun.

As for grammar and punctuation rules: I was taught how to use them when I was in grade school and I've not forgotten too much. I'll have to admit I don't understand why people seem to find the proper usage of the English language so irksome.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ease up folks......
fj12ryder meant no harm.....non taken

Simply a little banter nothing more :B
I think.......
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Iv'e awlays fnid it intesting tahat popepl fnid its' ipnrotnat aobut to hvae porper pnuctautoin and gamrmer 2 raed?
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

broccoli2
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
I take it that it means "No firearms. They are prohibited." Punctuation is a wonderful thing.

"Let's eat Grandma. Let's eat, Grandma" Comma's can save lives. ๐Ÿ™‚

I am neither good at punctuation or spelling and yet I seam to lead a great, happy life. Dose correcting people make you feel good? Pretty sure everyone knew exactly what was meant ..... Just saying.
Ps thank god for "auto correct "

Feel free to grade this response
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3921
2011 Jeep JKU
2014 Polaris RZR XP1000 Titanium
2012 Polaris Outlaw 50 Pink
A few 2 wheelers
1946 CJ2a Frame off

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Here's some good info: http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/prog/recreation/hunting.html