cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combo Washer Dryer

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
We are full-timers and are thinking of getting a washer dryer combo unit. I would like to know what percentage of full-timers have a washer and or washer/dryer combo unit in there RV. I am trying to figure if it is really worth getting one. We know what we want if we get one. Also, I know that it can not be used if you are at a CG that has no sewer, and you would have to use pay anyway.
Thanks for your input.
21 REPLIES 21

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
We have a stacked washer dryer- Westinghouse and a very happy with them.

It allows us to carry less clothes.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Like others, we are not full timers but on long trips we use our vented Splendide combo regularly. Rarely go to a laundry. Newer units do have a little larger capacity than our 8 yr old unit. But ours easily does king size sheets, bath towels, my jeans, etc. Just load it, set to wash and dry, and go about what ever we want to do. Come back later to a clean dry load, and start another if needed. Better than sitting around a laundry of unknown quality for an hour or two.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not full timers, but we do a month at a time as camp hosts. Have had a combo for 11 years and would not be without. Sharing camp washers on a schedule with others is not my idea of a good time. Start a load about every day, come back later fold and put away. The key is small loads.

cmeade
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Dometic ventless combo in our fiver. It uses about 12 gallons of water per load. It does take about 3 hours per load but we just start it and come back later and load is clean and done. DW did not want to lose closet space so we went combo instead of stacked units. BTW it is ventless so no hole thru skin of 5ver and can take it out anytime except that it weighs about 175 lbs.

ramgunner
Explorer
Explorer
We full time, and it's a life saver to have your own washer and dryer (especially with a 6-month-old). The combo units come in a couple of types - you want one with a vented dryer if possible. Ventless dryers are also known as condensing dryers and do not generally work as well (and use more water).
Editor - http://www.RamGunner.com / http://www.MomentumGunner.com
2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
Grand Design Momentum 385TH (Polaris RZR800/VHF/UHF/HF)

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
We don't have 1 but our son does in his. They do use it (family of 4) but my impression is that they just don't do a big enough load to be worth it and we are seldom hooked to sewer. I guess would be OK if you want to wash out a few things daily. We just take enough clothes to last 10-12 days and go to a laundromat.
Jayco-noslide

randeez2001
Explorer
Explorer
We're half-timers and we love our washer/dryer combo. We never stay anywhere without sewer hookup. The downside is the space the combo takes up, but we love the convenience of not having to save our quarters and blocking out time to head to the laundromat every few days.