cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cover for 5th wheel

Rolo2
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Forest River Sierra 345 ret 5th wheel 2013. My husband wants to buy a cover for it. Can you tell me a reliable company to purchase and website please? Thank you.
10 REPLIES 10

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Sun is a trailers worst enemy so covering it in the summer months makes more sense but that is when most typically use their RV and therefore a cover can become a pain. I don't really see the benefit of covering in the winter as they seem to do more harm than good.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

Maine-iacs
Explorer
Explorer
Satisfied so far with this cover. Classic

Our main issue is with rain and snow. Good luck with your search.
Maine-iacs from the Great State of Maine

Jim
2018 Cougar 32RLI
2021 F-350 4x4 Crew Cab

VTLee
Explorer
Explorer
If you are in a windy area do not put on a cover. I had to replace my plastic fenders and license plate mount last year from the beating that the cover did to my 5er. We live at a high elevation where 30 to 40 mph winds are pretty common in the winter.

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
PITA!

Of course we don't have as much snow. Just sun damage.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

dennyida
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Temccarthy1, I love to keep my equipment as clean as I can and a cover is not that that much of an investment to help a person do that.

temccarthy1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1 year old 2014 Bullet 285RLS and bought an Adco cover on Amazon last year. They had the best prices I could find and you have the advantage of reading hundreds of customer responses on the quality of the cover purchased. Adco is the oldest company in business for over 60 years just making covers and I have been very pleased with mine. You will hear lots of different opinions on this forum on whether to cover or not to cover, but in my book, preventing weathering, decal fading and keeping ice and snow and rain off my unit whenever it isn't being used is definitely worth the $250 investment that will last 3-5 years and then get another. It is a small price to pay in $ and time to cover the TT for the large investment the TT was to buy and use!
Tim, Ramona and dog Scruffy
1982 Coleman Sun Valley PUP (retired)
2014 Keystone Bullet 285RLS Ultralite TT
2013 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L Triton V8
Equalizer E2 hitch

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
The storage lot we store our 5th wheel in has over 400 spaces. I will see new RVs come to be stored, the owner will put the cover on and within a year no more cover on the RV. Either the cover ends up shredding due to weather or the owner finds it's too much trouble and dangerous to put on and take off the cover. Of the 350 plus rvs stored in the lot only a few have covers.

Ours is 21 years old and never covered. When washed and waxed is looks brand new.

dennyida
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning, We just got our new cover from National Discount Covers. Very nice cover at a good price. One word of advice, when putting the cover on your 5th wheel make sure you have the cover rite side out, not inside out. DON`T ASK

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Before buying anything search this Forum for `RV Cover' in the
Fifth-Wheel section. It's not that simple.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

jbarkley
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/elements-all-climate-rv-cover-5th-wheel-311-34/69276