Where is everyone?
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX
33 REPLIES 33

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
FB like most things has good and bad. Makes it easy to post pics and get things out. Don't have to host the pic and share a link. But with that, you get a lot of social media yahoo's that feel like they have to comment on everything sometimes. Even stuff they have no interest in or for that matter, knowledge about. And the Ad's!
Oh well, Like I said, Good and bad,
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Dirtclods wrote:
nayther wrote:
JAC1982 wrote:
Yup we're winterized here.

I think online forums in general have been on the decline for years, especially as stuff like Facebook Groups have gotten more and more popular. I prefer moderated forums though, at least for interest-specific stuff like this. I joined a few Facebook Groups for RZRs in our area, and a some of the members (who were friends with the group organizers) were kind of rude to newer people and also liked to post offensive "jokes", and they were allowed to do so.

You're right. Our club has a message board that used to be very active but since getting a Facebook page nobody uses it. Shame though as it was so much easier to use when getting out a lot of info.

2nd that! My off road club message board is so dead they closed it. Now everything's on Fakebook. I not interested in posting a photo each time I take a ~ c r a p.

I just hate the bad information you get on a lot of Facebook groups. Like, once I posted a 5th wheel hitch for sale in one... and most of the comments were people making smart alec comments about the price or something like that. We did end up selling it to someone who PM'd me, but still, it was annoying to see a response and just see some loser commenting that we were asking too much (and weird, we sold it for that price).
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
JAC1982 wrote:

I think online forums in general have been on the decline for years, especially as stuff like Facebook Groups have gotten more and more popular. I prefer moderated forums though, at least for interest-specific stuff like this. I joined a few Facebook Groups for RZRs in our area, and a some of the members (who were friends with the group organizers) were kind of rude to newer people and also liked to post offensive "jokes", and they were allowed to do so.

You're right. Our club has a message board that used to be very active but since getting a Facebook page nobody uses it. Shame though as it was so much easier to use when getting out a lot of info.

2nd that! My off road club message board is so dead they closed it. Now everything's on Fakebook. I not interested in posting a photo each time I take a ~ c r a p.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
I've been out the last two weekend without the rig just the truck and a couple of dirt bikes the weather is still just a jersey but this week I may need my enduro jacket.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
JAC1982 wrote:

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer

2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

Y-Guy
bullmastifflover wrote:
Haven't been on much in the past 6 years since we've had kids. Now they're getting older and we're wanting to start camping regularly. I hope things pick up. I use to really enjoy reading everybody's thoughts...learned a lot that way.

Welcome back!

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

bullmastifflove
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't been on much in the past 6 years since we've had kids. Now they're getting older and we're wanting to start camping regularly. I hope things pick up. I use to really enjoy reading everybody's thoughts...learned a lot that way.
2001 F350 7.3 PSD 4x4
2002 Thor Tahoe Transport 33TB
2004 2332 VW sandrail, 4 seat, long travel
1993 Grumman 14' fishing boat

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Toy hauler season is starting for us in 2 weeks. Loading up the Harleys and heading south.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
From what I recall when I had a toy hauler, and read this forum a lot, a good percentage of toy hauler owners back in the mid 2000s were in warm climates, and camping season for them started on Thanksgiving weekend, so they were out camping and not posting much.

For us northern folk, we hang up our riding gear and park the toys by about mid October.

I'm in Spokane, and it's been cold the last week or so, but it warmed up to 45 today and rained some.
Bob

Y-Guy
I've cleaned up the thread on Thanksgiving Morning. I want to thank some of the members for acting like trolls and not the cute dolls from the 60s! I was going to just close it but I don't want to do that to the Toy Hauler Members.

This is the TOY HAULER forum not the Mod Bashing forum.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

maxdun
Explorer
Explorer
I hardly ever post, but read about 5 times a week. It has been slow lately

jackxclan
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
Kind of like a radio station that goes quiet, this forum is just "dead air"

Where is everyone?

Right here wiahing I was in cutty back already

graphite 2018 2500 long bed duramax
blue 06 Ragen fa 3405 800 watt 4 channel JL audio, 800 watt 1 channel orion mono block,6x9 mbQuart, 6.5 infinity and 10 inch kicker sub
red rzr 900

HOOLIGAN # 385

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
I don't think people like the climate here anymore.

Add the fact the moderators seem to be totally absent leaves a sour taste in a lot of peoples mouth.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Like most forums, this one quiets down during the early fall/winter months. Nothing new in that, happens every year. You could probably post the same question on half the forums.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"