cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Deadbolt lock recall

whiteeye42
Explorer
Explorer
I have been trying to get thru to wesco fastec to get my replacement deadbolt lock and the phone number they want you to call they never answer it and you can't leave a message has anybody received their replacement deadbolt lock that was on the recall
Me,Wife two boys and two dogs
2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 DRW 6.7 cummins
2008 Jayco Eagle 341 RLQS 37' with B&W turnover ball & companion hitch
using rotochoks
add state map
33 REPLIES 33

Oakman wrote:
I wonder if the company has quit replacing the locks. I filed my online request back in early February and haven't gotten anything either.

They are still replacing the locks.
I now forget exactly when I sent in my request for replacement. I think it was in February some time. I could go back and check my posts because I did post about it some time ago.

I received my replacement locks over 2 months ago and installed them.

So they are on top of it but they have an absolutely staggering number of locks to replace. Kudos to them for doing this for all of us.

I hate to say it, but just be patient with them and the locks will come. I got impatient and I phoned them. Gal on the phone was super helpful and courteous and once she found my claim, she said she would personally see to it that they were sent out ASAP. I got them about a month after I phoned in.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

Oakman
Explorer
Explorer
NJRVer wrote:
I was just thinking about this last week.
I filled an on line request back in January.
Nothing so far. I guess I should have called in my claim instead of going on line.

I wonder if the company has quit replacing the locks. I filed my online request back in early February and haven't gotten anything either.
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab, 4X4, Shortbed, 6.4 Diesel
Reese 16K Kwik Slide
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
Honda 2000i generator
Rand McNally 5510 GPS

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Buy a new one because Global locks are not master keyed just like every other trailer in the campground.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I was just thinking about this last week.
I filled an on line request back in January.
Nothing so far. I guess I should have called in my claim instead of going on line.

rich_and_char
Explorer
Explorer
rich and char wrote:
I just got off the phone with Terry from Fastec ,she said there working on recalls from the first week of march , and mine just shipped , wow , so there we are .

Rich

As of today , I still have not received mine ,
2011 F-350/CC/LB/Drw/6.7L
2013 Cedar Creek 36 CKTS "Pearl Edition" Trail-Air Pin Box
Pullrite 20.5K Super 5th

whiteeye42
Explorer
Explorer
still waiting on my locks to be sent but i did get a letter from them saying i should be getting them before the end of the year or the first part of next year the letter went on to say they are so far behind in mailing them out because there were so many to replace
using rotochoks
add state map

campinrooter
Explorer
Explorer
I called a week ago they said about another 2 months they are slow.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Why buy a deadbolt assembly when they will (eventually) replace yours at no cost, if it's on the recall list?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go to www.rvlocksandmore.com (RV Locks and More) and get a good deadbolt assembly.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

rich_and_char
Explorer
Explorer
I just got off the phone with Terry from Fastec ,she said there working on recalls from the first week of march , and mine just shipped , wow , so there we are .

Rich
2011 F-350/CC/LB/Drw/6.7L
2013 Cedar Creek 36 CKTS "Pearl Edition" Trail-Air Pin Box
Pullrite 20.5K Super 5th

Gsport
Explorer
Explorer
Another plug for Grand Design.. I had a problem with my lock, out of warranty, and Grand Design immediately sent me out a new one..

billkaufmann
Explorer
Explorer
It took 8 months but, I finally got mine.

whiteeye42
Explorer
Explorer
still waiting it has now been 8 months since i made the first call and and went to the web site and filled all the info still nothing yet
using rotochoks
add state map

N6761U
Explorer
Explorer
I call over 5 months ago and as of yet have not seen any new locks.