cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealer blew me off!! Now calling back.

abc40kids
Explorer
Explorer
So I've had my eye on the 2015 Keystone Mountaineer since early this past summer. It is the 356TBF and it for sure has everything I need and also everything I want. Called this particular dealer back a month or so and talked briefly, he ran some numbers and called me back to say he couldn't be where I wanted to be. I told him to see how close he could get to my number and call me back........

So about a month and a half later he calls back ( today ) and asked if I was still interested in this fifth wheel. I told him I'd been busy, the season is over for me and I was in no hurry. I was at my sons basketball game and told him it wasn't a good time to talk so I'd call him tomorrow.

So when they call back and say we really want to move this unit before 2015 how much more can I push?? My 2006 Cardinal is still on pretty good shape but it's already 8 years old going on 9 and the value is gonna start to drop FAST the closer I get to 10 years.
Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey and Winston ( our 5 year old Golden ) and Bruno the Pug. We now have an English Cream, white Golden Retriever as well.
2015 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 356TBF
2005 Chevy duramax dually
33 REPLIES 33

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
JMHO. He is getting desperate on this unit. Another 45 days and it will be a year old unit and the price will drop. It will be harder to sell as a 2014 in 2015. I would not buy a year old unit for 30% off. I would want a 2015. Let him sweat then low ball him an offer. He may take it. If not you can always come up to his price later.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I would tell them that you can't use a new trailer now until next May. I'd say that you don't want to tie up the money, with a new trailer, just to have it parked.

Now I would say, I will still take it, but for less than I originally offered, for the above reason. I would tell them your new offer, take it or leave it. Tell them offer is good for 24 hours, let me know.

If you really want the trailer, and they don't call back, call them, split something you both are happy with.

Jerry

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I can kinda see his side of it. If he isn't making enough money on it then it's a waste of his time.

johnrbd
Explorer
Explorer
Push it for the price YOU want to pay for it. You indicate it has everything you want on/in it!