cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Designer 35RLTS and Jayco Talk...Thanks Frank!!

sanderson_66
Explorer
Explorer
Since there does not currently seem to be a Jayco owners forum, Moderator Frank has graciously allowed this thread. It will be for discussing Jayco related questions and comments. Anything not Jayco related will be deleted. Sounds more than fair to me. Thank-you Frank!
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, CTD 6.7, 6 speed auto,DRW,QC,LB,4X4
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
We really just have it at the top of/and on the stairs, but ours is a different layout. At some point I might deal with it. I think there's a few too many things to deal with doing it from the bottom at least things that limit access to the full area. Would stink to fix the creak in one place only for it to move 2 ft over later.

If you're having it done, it should be done at the factory. Not the worse thing that could happen.
Dana and Natalie

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD High Country DRW CC LB 4x4
-60 Aux Tank/Toolbox, Line-X, Full Tint, AirSafe 25K Hitch

2018 Jayco Seismic 4113, 45'7", 17,800lbs w/o the Toys.

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
Who was it that had a problem with squeaky floor boards in the kitchen? We've got a problem with it now. One Jayco tech in Elkhart said it would be a two-day repair as they'd have to cut away the entire piece of linoleum, removing cupboards, the refrigerator, etc., fixing the board that's coming up and then putting everything back! Yikes! Why can't they get at it from underneath?
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry
2008 F-350 Dually Short Bed
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS
Reese 16K Hitch w/ Kwik Slide

Whatever you can do, or DREAM you can, BEGIN it. BOLDNESS has genius, power and MAGIC in it. (Goethe)

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
I would think that it could be done once you pull the carpet. On the slide though you have the reflex-like insulation underneath the carpet. Not sure what you'd want to do with that. I might just leave the carpet on the slides.
Dana and Natalie

mrbuck50
Explorer
Explorer
Ok....more questions. The wife and I are fulltimers. Needless to say, the quality of the carpet is not much. I was wondering if anyone had tried or researched the option of installing laminate flooring in their 35 rlts? I have looked at the slides and believe it can be done. My only problem is the transition at the dining room slide. Not exactly sure how that one will work out, but may play with it some before I go yanking out the carpet. I had intended on leaving the carpet under the couch / kitchen as it is still nice looking and doesnt get much foot traffic. I had also considered the bedroom, too. All thoughts and comments are appreciated.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
~

"hobbes2" - maybe this thread will provide another side of Jayco opinions!

~

yellow_dog
Explorer
Explorer
I was disappointed when Jayco phased out the Eagle 325bhs. Now they did away with the Eagle 345bhs. Jayco now offers the 365bhs. It seems manufacturers are concerned with being able accommodate more people, and continue to make 5th wheels longer and longer. Most pickups only have seating for 5.? Am I missing something here?

Hoops
Explorer
Explorer
I was disappointed to see they got rid of the Legacy again. They are nice units.
The Hoops. ED and Becky
Missy our little Bichon
2004 F350 V10
2005 Jayco Legacy 38RDQS

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
loydt wrote:
A look at the Jayco website and I see that the Legacy is no longer listed as a 5th wheel model. Looks like they have just stuck with the Designer as their top end 5th wheel. I was wondering if it was selling any?

Saw that the other day. Was hoping that they haven't finished updating the site as we wanted to see one. Looked nice and liked alot of the specs and options.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
The mixing valve is to expand the equivalent volume of your water heater. Making a 10 gal into a 16 gal. It can be removed and the temp dialed down a bit. That's another option.

My other thought is that if you used a water softener, you might not have as many issues with the mixing valve.
Dana and Natalie

mrbuck50
Explorer
Explorer
The only markings on the bulb is 120v 30 watt....its the odd shape that is hard to find. there is very limited space in there. I may end up changing the socket orientation to accomodate a different bulb.

Where do you get access to the mixing valve? I wonder why it is needed. Typicaly, mixing valves are used to temper the water....i guess maybe the water heater is too hot?

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't think the valve was adjustable. But I think it might be servicable. Next time I'll try to soak it in CLR or something similar and blow it out with air and water. If that doesn't work I'll disassemble it and see what there is to clean or replace.

mrbuck50 - I haven't looked at the bulb since I'm on my second unit. Are there any markings on the bulb to help find it?
Dana and Natalie

loydt
Explorer
Explorer
A look at the Jayco website and I see that the Legacy is no longer listed as a 5th wheel model. Looks like they have just stuck with the Designer as their top end 5th wheel. I was wondering if it was selling any?
2021 Jayco Seismic 4212 (on order)
2021 Jayco White Hawk 32BH
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 CC Cummins/Aisin Laramie Longhorn

mrbuck50
Explorer
Explorer
OK....so I am having water heater issues. I dont think its the mixing valve as I can turn on the electric and water heats right up. Anyone had gas water heater problems?
Also, where have you managed to buy replacement bulbs for the convec/micro (underside light)? Have not found them anywhere. May have to resort to calling MFG.
Thanks in advance,
The Browns

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had to replace the mixing valve on ours, had warm water no hot. Like said above, valve on heater just as you look in access panel by control center. As far as adjusting it, ours couldn't. After taking it off, even though it looked like it had an adjusting knob on top, it was not movable.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
My old Eagle fifth wheel we developed a crack in the bottom left hand corner of the bedroom slide in the outside fiberglass...

Jayco (the Company) looked at it and siad it was caused by the normal flexing of the pin when hooked up to the truck and was not a structural issue...

We can only hope your pin is not compromised...like I said it was just a little water underaneath the nose on ours that came out of one of the seams...no problems since

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)