cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did DutchmenSport Bug Out?

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Noticed that DS has gone through all his posts back to 12/31/18 and edited them - erasing all the content and replacing with the word Delete

Clicky

I saw a post where the author was griping about him being a know-it-all. It was closed by the mod but not deleted for some reason.

Anyone know the reason for this?
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
48 REPLIES 48

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Since the original thread attacking DS has finally been deleted and this one does not make a lot of sense without it, I am going to close this. Hope DS returns,
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bird Freak wrote:
Sea Six wrote:
I sure as heck wouldn't miss birdsnst if he was gone permanently.
I don't recall ever seeing this poster on here.

The screen name has been active since 2017. It has only been used a few times this year specifically to attack DS.

The thread made about DS has been deleted.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sea Six wrote:
I don't recall ever seeing this poster on here.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Emblematic of what our society has become.....more divided, more self-centered, and more caustic rhetoric.

DutchmanSport, come on back. Can't let the haters take over.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
100% don’t blame him.
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

Sea_Six
Explorer
Explorer

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
2012Coleman wrote:
I can't/ am not saying the reason is because of that post. Just pointing out a coincidence. Somebody send him a PM. His profile still exists.
I sent him a pm. Havent heard from him.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
FYI: I did contact the moderator on that post and asked why it was not deleted immediately. I voiced my opinion that it should have been and thatby leaving it up, it suggests that the post was not completely unacceptable. I asked that it be deleted immediately and that the moderator send a PM apology to Dutchmensport for having left it up.

As a member, someone posting a comment like that about me wouldn't cause me to leave. But the mods leaving it up for people to see would be. It comes across as the if the mod wanted that insult to stick around. And could well be the cause for DS deleting all his posts rather than just quietly leaving.

As for the poster of that dribble, he is NOT a newbie. That screen name has been around for two years although only used to insult DS. Two years is long enough to know the rules and not post such an improper post. Two years to be able to name and insult a specific poster as your only posts suggests it is a longtime second screenname of someone who is a frequent poster.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I am very sorry to see DutchmanSport has deleted much of his recent activity and hope he is still around to read this thread and will come back and be an active participant again. I agree 100% that he is a valuable member and contributed a lot to all our members.
Barney.

I agree. Could not have said it better myself.
Thanks Barney
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
I have sent Dutchmensport a PM asking why he deleted his posts but have not received a reply. Yes, he did it and not a moderator. Had a mod done it the post would indicate that.

After reading all the posts here, I am quite saddened and surprised to find that so many of you find our forums rude, condescending, and insulting. I have been around longer than just about anybody else and do not find that to be the case. You should have been around at the beginning! :E . I also am a member of many other RV forums and do not find this one any different other than having more members and therefor more varied and numerous answers to questions.

I will edit or remove any post that contains a personal remark against another member. Personal remarks have no place on the public forums and should be handled via PM - if necessary at all. In addition, I will edit or remove any post that violates the Forum Rules that everybody must agree to when they join the forums. Other than that, I will not interfere with any post or thread.

Also keep in mind that mods are members here just like anybody else and are free to post what is on their mind or answer any post. We are expected to follow the rules like any other member. We also have written guidelines from the administration that we must abide by when acting as a moderator.

I am very sorry to see DutchmanSport has deleted much of his recent activity and hope he is still around to read this thread and will come back and be an active participant again. I agree 100% that he is a valuable member and contributed a lot to all our members.
Barney
Well said.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

SageCrispin
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:

ForestRiverForums is one.

Thanks, I'll check it out.
We've run out in the house, but the RV has two.

Damon Challenger.
Jeep Unlimited toad

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have sent Dutchmensport a PM asking why he deleted his posts but have not received a reply. Yes, he did it and not a moderator. Had a mod done it the post would indicate that.

After reading all the posts here, I am quite saddened and surprised to find that so many of you find our forums rude, condescending, and insulting. I have been around longer than just about anybody else and do not find that to be the case. You should have been around at the beginning! :E . I also am a member of many other RV forums and do not find this one any different other than having more members and therefor more varied and numerous answers to questions.

I will edit or remove any post that contains a personal remark against another member. Personal remarks have no place on the public forums and should be handled via PM - if necessary at all. In addition, I will edit or remove any post that violates the Forum Rules that everybody must agree to when they join the forums. Other than that, I will not interfere with any post or thread.

Also keep in mind that mods are members here just like anybody else and are free to post what is on their mind or answer any post. We are expected to follow the rules like any other member. We also have written guidelines from the administration that we must abide by when acting as a moderator.

Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Walaby wrote:

I just perused through my profile and user stuff, and I can see no where that I could delete all my posts. If he went in and deleted each on individually, that's a lot of work. Sure wish a mod would see this thread and at least comment whether it was his choosing or what.

Mike

Dutchmensport has 90 pages of posts in the last 12 months. He has deleted post on 6.5 of those pages back to Dec 31st 2018. If you search beyond 12 months he has 251 pages of posts.

Something or someone made him very unhappy to go to that effort.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
blofgren wrote:
I really hope he comes back as well; I too enjoyed his posts and appreciated the time he took to explain things in detail along with photos. I also appreciated his personal views on things.

There have been recent posts as to why the forum is becoming quiet and a big part of it is because of the rudeness and personal attacks......:M

X2 on this statement, I have had to back away from the keyboard after reading some of the rude responses to questions asked by someone that is merely making conversation.
It makes people not want to post anymore due the bullying, or mine brand is better attitude. I hope DS comes back, and just ignores the negative post that some morons make.