cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dual batteries

lstreutker
Explorer
Explorer
Both batteries are hooked up properly in parallel however each battery has seperate power leads one battery does all three slide outs and the the other battery the rest of it. My other rigs had everything off one post. Is this normal.
6 REPLIES 6

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
If your two batteries are really hooked up 'in parallel', then they are really operating as one big battery. Does not matter much where the incoming positive leads are attached to run things. There is very little difference if all leads are attached to one battery or if they are split between the two pos leads.

lstreutker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info, now back to cleaning all the contact

richfaa
Explorer
Explorer
We have the 6 point level system and that draws a lot of amps if operating off the batteries. We need all the power we can get.
2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky. 08 Ford F-350 6.4L

greende
Explorer
Explorer
smkettner wrote:
Normal

Agreed. It is an attempt at balancing the load. If the batteries are in parallel, you will get 12V anywhere in the system. Some people feel taking part load from one positive pole and the other part from the other positive pole helps with balance.
2011 Chevy 3500 HD LTZ Duramax/Allison Crew Cab Long Box DRW
B&W Turnover Ball with Companion

2012 Keystone Cougar 293 SAB 5er

USAF 1968 - 1972 Viet Nam '71 - '72

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Ours came stock with everything off one post also/ 2- 12's.
Switched to 6V batteries and everything is off one post again. I guess your manufacture figured the three slides needed their own power source for some reason? Just me but I want all the power I can get when bringing those slides in, especially the BIG one.
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin