cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Favorite floorplans for FW

Californiadrea1
Explorer
Explorer
My husband and I are still searching for our first FW. With all the floor plan choices available, I would love to hear from all of you regarding your favorite FW floor plan and why it works for you. Please include the FW model you have.

Thank you kindly.
38 REPLIES 38

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a FR Sierra 360 PDEK over the winter. It is a rear living room with a deck off of the back. Looks like a toy hauler, but its not. Had a FR Sandpiper 366FL but felt to enclosed by the low ceiling in the living room. Love our dual recliners, outside kitchen and the awesome rear deck.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Californiadreamers wrote:
My husband and I are still searching for our first FW. With all the floor plan choices available, I would love to hear from all of you regarding your favorite FW floor plan and why it works for you. Please include the FW model you have.

Thank you kindly.

We much prefer the rear living style, with a large rear window. Our Komfort has a shallow slide, so no end windows. I'm looking at a Jayco (Eagle HT 27.5) that's very similar to the Rockwood that Hitch Itch posted. One thing is having the entertainment center mid-ship instead of right behind the bathroom wall. We're nearly 14' away from the TV if sitting in the rockers in our current FW. Also, DW wants a fireplace. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

MerkelG
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at a Rockwood 8329ss floor plan.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Make sure you can access the bathroom with the slides in. And preferably at least the fridge with the slides in. Pantry access would be nice. Those things are very helpful when you make a rest stop.

Our slide with the couch and dining table (and windows) is on the street side. Curb side slide has the kitchen and no windows. Next time we buy the most windows will be on the curb side, which is also the door side and where we most often are when outside.

We have a split bath, or open bath plan which we prefer because it makes the bedroom more spacious and open feeling. But many prefer the all in one enclosed bath. But the downside is a smaller bedroom area. A matter of personal preference.

lj_cox
Explorer
Explorer
DH and I were looking at new Fifthwheels and we're actually kinda disappointed in the new floorplans at our size (34-36 ft) in the mid-grade and higher units. Seems like they're all the same layout, mid kitchen with an island, just swapping the entertainment center from the back wall to the rear side wall. And the storage isn't as good as in our 2007 rig.

We have a Hitchhiker II LS 32.5 LKSBG (unfortunately no longer built) which we love. I rebuilt the TV cabinet to install a flatscreen in a new cabinet door with our printer in the space behind it where the tube TV used to sit, and installed a wine rack with shutter doors under the desk.

I like it for the separation between kitchen/dining and livingroom, the storage, and the W/D closet up front that holds our cat litter box. The split bath means the bedroom has more light and space, and you can walk around the bed on 3 sides, which was a must-have for me.
We're full-timing now, loving our cabin (fifthwheel) on the lake/at the beach/in the mountains/close to the city.

oh_boy
Explorer
Explorer
Our present unit has dining (major) windows on passenger side so we only see our site not the neighbors. I also recommend being able to use the bed and bathroom with slides closed. If you find one you really like be sure to close the slides and see what you can use and what you can't while closed. We also like a totally enclosed shower/toilet arrangement. Each is a personal choice.
Ian/Mary/Rusty
wire fox terror
03 Dodge Ram 3500,4x4,QC,
Line X,Hijacker 16K slider,
09 Titanium 32E37RSA

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer

We have two DD's, so this 5'er works well for us. I would really like to have an island in the kitchen for a little more working room, so may have to make one to go in there. And we are replacing our couch with two recliners since the girls fight over who is taking up more room.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
We bought one with swivel reclining seats in the back. It will be nice to turn them around and look out the big rear window.

We also like one that you cannot see the toilet bowl from the living areas when the bathroom door is open.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

Hitch_Itch
Explorer
Explorer

We love this layout, We pick ours up on thursday
Hitch