cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wall construction

mkohler30
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering the pro's and con's of each type of wall construction pinch rolled or vacuum bonded?....I know the foam block insulation is better because of fiberglass settling as the rv runs down the road.

Have been told that in higher humidity areas the vacuum bonded walls still allow humidity to get into the walls and cause mold but this just doesn't sound right to me so opinions are appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6

mkohler30
Explorer
Explorer
I still think that vacuum bonded aluminum framed walls with block insulation is better....just my opinion...but as go ducks states how the owner maintains the unit makes alot of difference if not all the difference

Thanks for your responses

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Only time will tell. It would be really hard to decipher which type is better unless you built two trailers as examples and subjected them to the same exact conditions for testing.

Lots of factors become involved when different owners own differently built trailers. Maintenance is one, weather is another, as well as location.

Then factor in how well it was built. If trailer A had a goof up from the factory then that gives trailer B an advantage.

I would just get the floor plan you like.

301TBS
Explorer
Explorer
Laminated walls with aluminum framing have no thermal break. They will transmit cold and heat more so than wood. Frost on the inside can happen in winter and heat in the summer.
I have read that vacuum bonding is better than pinch rolled.
2019 Springdale 240BH
2009 F150 Scab 4x4, 4.6, 3v. 6spd. 3.73/9.75
Reese dual cam

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
They are different methods of achieving the same end product - a laminated wall.
I don't think either is better in the long run.

Either type of wall, if it has wood in it, will mold if there's a leak someplace. No leak = no mold.
A vac. formed wall has on more propensity to get moisture in it than anything else. Not sure where you heard that rumor but it's BS.

Why would a vac formed wall have a better chance for getting moisture in??
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Azdel is better. No wood
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
They are different methods of achieving the same end product - a laminated wall.
I don't think either is better in the long run.

Either type of wall, if it has wood in it, will mold if there's a leak someplace. No leak = no mold.
A vac. formed wall has on more propensity to get moisture in it than anything else. Not sure where you heard that rumor but it's BS.