cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fellow rv.net forum member in the site next to us

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Aruba5er is the 3rd rv.net forum member so far this winter next to us or within 3 sites. Small world!!! We love meeting in person other forum members and have met dozens already over the years.

Very nice people all!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT
15 REPLIES 15

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our latest rv.net forum member neighbor will be leaving here tomorrow and heading back northward. In a hurry to shovel some snow??? naaa! Who will be the next rv.net forum member to be here???
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch

Gsturner
Explorer
Explorer
I have often wondered the same--is that another RV.Netter? I have on occaision mentioned my participation, but not regularly. I'm gonna have to ask more consistently. If anyone revives the sticker, I'm in!
SKP 115048
2016 Winnebago View 24M
2015 Harley Heritage Softail as toad
Retired:
2007 Titan LE with the Big Tow Package
2010 Rockwood 8315BSS
2008 Suzuki GZ 250-Response to 3/4 Life Crisis :C

Cat_Lady
Explorer
Explorer
RVillage has Groups (Elks, Escapees, Moose, etc.) that meet regularly on their website. Members can post their location to their groups Map so other members can see where they are and have a get together for drinks, meals, etc. Someone from this forum may want to start an RVdotnet group on the RVillage website. No.

Cat Lady
As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Years ago there was a get together in the RGV for RVnetters and we got to meet many members then. We also all got RVNet t-shirts. It was a fun time - I remember being at 2 or maybe 3 of these events. I think at the 2nd one there were probably 70 or more people there.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
I've met a friend also from Texas but we ran into each other in a Colorado camp ground. I see him about every summer at that ground.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
I've never met another fellow RV.net poster, but I've seen a few rigs (namely Diesel Pusher - truck combos) that I recognized from some members signature pictures and such, namely last summer at Normandy Farms I saw one guy who has a King Aire with a blue F150 FX4 in tow.
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
pulsar wrote:
rv2go wrote:
How do you determine if someone is a rv.net forum member? I haven't seen anything on RV's that would indicated that they are a forum member.

Once upon a time, the owners of the Open Roads Forum provided stickers that could be displayed, they looked like this.

Click on the image to see a larger version.

The stickers were hot item and a fairly expensive proposition, since they were mailed out upon request. After several printings, that didn't last long, they were no longer available.

RVSnowbird

, a now deceased moderator, provided the above image for any who wanted to print their own.Tom

Sure do miss RVSnowbird. He was one REAL nice RV'er and fellow forum member. :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I think a simple sheet of paper with your screen name above RV.NET, placed in your front window would get the message out.

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
rv2go wrote:
How do you determine if someone is a rv.net forum member? I haven't seen anything on RV's that would indicated that they are a forum member.

Their nickname.....Come to think about it, everyone we camp with is a RV Dot netter, holy cow!!!!!
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
travelnutz wrote:
Simply get to know your neighbors when RV'ing/camping and mention rv.net forum and they will tell you If they are members also and you exchange the forum names you go under. Some will have their rv.net forum name on their RV unit. We do on one of our RV's and our first names and our dog's name on 2 of them and have a map of where we live. Works wonders to break the ice and start a conversation going in most areas of the USA and Canada.

We are very outgoing and friendly, will greet, and talk to nearly all our RV neighbors when traveling or RV'ing. Have gained scores of long time friends over the years doing so. Have even met up with many on various trips and/or have RV'ed together with several to various places or gone to each others homes or towns and give local tours etc. Have remained good friends with several for over 30 years now.

Hide in your RV and you'll hardly ever meet your neighbors!

I am one of those guy's that likes to walk around the CG several times a day. If someone is outside, I speak. This often leads into a few minutes of conversation. Like where are you from, where are you heading next, I think I saw you at my last stop, etc. In this manner I have made friends with more people than I can count. We often exchange calling cards. I have shared many times that I am rv.net forum member and have never in my 13 years of fulltime and 16 years being a forum member met another that has stated that they were members. I may be staying in the wrong places. :B
I have my forum screen name "rv2go" as my vehicle license on my motorhome. As most CG's I visit are back in, I guess I should put it on the front next to my FMCA and WIT numbers.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Simply get to know your neighbors when RV'ing/camping and mention rv.net forum and they will tell you If they are members also and you exchange the forum names you go under. Some will have their rv.net forum name on their RV unit. We do on one of our RV's and our first names and our dog's name on 2 of them and have a map of where we live. Works wonders to break the ice and start a conversation going in most areas of the USA and Canada.

We are very outgoing and friendly, will greet, and talk to nearly all our RV neighbors when traveling or RV'ing. Have gained scores of long time friends over the years doing so. Have even met up with many on various trips and/or have RV'ed together with several to various places or gone to each others homes or towns and give local tours etc. Have remained good friends with several for over 30 years now.

Hide in your RV and you'll hardly ever meet your neighbors!

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
rv2go wrote:

Once upon a time, the owners of the Open Roads Forum provided stickers that could be displayed, they looked like this.

Click on the image to see a larger version.

The stickers were hot item and a fairly expensive proposition, since they were mailed out upon request. After several printings, that didn't last long, they were no longer available. RVSnowbird, a now deceased moderator, provided the above image for any who wanted to print their own.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
rv2go wrote:

To catch a fish, you have to have bait. You put a sign by the front of your RV....I am a RV.net member, let me know if you are?

Might work?
Jerry

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog