cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fifth wheel hitch no bed rails

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2012 F250 6.2L 8' tray no factory instal we wish to leave bed without rails as we often carry al sorts of things in back, can We install the puck stile like factory, what brands and prices have got no knead for ball mount. Thanks
Frank
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.
31 REPLIES 31

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have the factory prep in your truck? If so, you can do as I did and get a Reese adapter for 400 bucks and then use your previous hitch. Again, assuming you have one, did not read all the post.
I did this and it obviously saves money. Using my Curt e16 slider on the adapter .

bfast54
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
bfast54 wrote:
Made in USA.....Check out the History of B&W..........how the Owner cares about his employees,and did not lay them off,in 2008,when things went bad.

That is One thing that makes them " Different, Better" .than " anything else".

The Quality construction, ease of use, durability... you still want more,ehhh????

Easy ,secure, built tough...I say, after using other hitches...best hitch.Money can buy....But,chck them out in person...ask someone who ownes one, Call the Factory.

Do you want U.S.A., or something else.?????... Find out for your self..
If its not "for you".......so be it, there are other choices.

I think you and I should get the employee discount if we buy another B&W!

I agree...L.O.L.,.....(.They did use my Review,on their Website.)..That should count for something.....;)
2000 Ford SuperDuty F-350 Powerstroke,Dually.C.C.,.The Tow Monster
2005 Open Road 357RLDS
Prodigy Brake Controller:B
Honda EU3000is Generator
Raytek ,,Garmin 7735/GPS
Doran Mfg-RV360-TPMS
B&W/Companion

Rally's attended so far-21

My Blog
Good Sam Member

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
bfast54 wrote:
Made in USA.....Check out the History of B&W..........how the Owner cares about his employees,and did not lay them off,in 2008,when things went bad.

The Quality construction, ease of use, durability... you still want more,ehhh????

Easy ,secure, built tough...I say, after using other hitches...best hitch.Money can buy....But,chck them out in person...ask someone who ownes one, Call the Factory.

I think you and I should get the employee discount if we buy another B&W!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

bfast54
Explorer
Explorer

2000 Ford SuperDuty F-350 Powerstroke,Dually.C.C.,.The Tow Monster
2005 Open Road 357RLDS
Prodigy Brake Controller:B
Honda EU3000is Generator
Raytek ,,Garmin 7735/GPS
Doran Mfg-RV360-TPMS
B&W/Companion

Rally's attended so far-21

My Blog
Good Sam Member

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everybody. I may have a option on cheap super glide but it says they can only be hooked op if within 16 degree's from straight on this maybe a problem in tight spaces, my old Hijacker slide bar wood hook op at 90 degree's, has any other hitches have this limitations to your knowledge. Thanks
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
I happen to think that my Hensley air hitch is the best hitch I've ever towed with.

Nothing against B&W.

Tim

I would agree it is a very high quality hitch with a solid locking mechanism. It is heavy but it has a built in air ride system.

I have a TrailAire air ride extended kingpin that works well with the B&W to do the same thing.

I decided to specialize and went with the Hensley air hitch and a Mor/Ryde kingpin assembly. This combo gives a great ride. The Hensley eliminates about all of the abrupt up and down motion and the Mor/Ryde does the same for chucking. I am a happy camper !

Tim

Sport45
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I guess it's no different than the "Blue Oval Kool-Aid" !!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Or the Dillon Precision Blue Kool-Aid if you reload. ๐Ÿ™‚

If I ever go to market with a consumer product I'm painting it blue!
โ€™19 F350 SRW CCLB PSD Fx4
'00 F250, CC SWB 4x2, V-10 3.73LS. (sold)
'83 F100 SWB 4x2, 302 AOD 3.55. (parked)
'05 GMC Envoy 4x2 4.2 3.73L.
'12 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
'15 Cherokee Trailhawk

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Curt makes the X5 rail kit. Basically you install the Curt gooseneck or the B&W gooseneck then buy the Curt X5 rails. Once installed you can use any fifth wheel hitch you would like. Rails when you need them. Clean bed when you don't.

Also, you could get an Anderson Ultimate Fifth Wheel hitch that will work with any gooseneck hitch made. This is the cheapest and the strongest option.

Thanks,

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
I've owned Husky, Reese, Pullright SG, and now a B&W. My B&W is the puck system, but looked at a friends, turn over ball, with companion hitch. The head assembly is the same as mine just mounts different. I was shocked at how easy the B&W operates. the Reese was the hardest hitch to operate. I would definitely go with the B&W again.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bionic Man wrote:
Honest question. What makes it better than everything else?

You really should look at one in person and have someone show you the mechanics of the B&W.

The locking arm/1" kingpin jaw assembly is a very simple and strong design. Either it's latched or not no question.

The head rests on two solid rubber isolators that make no noise and are very durable.

The jaws are machined to fit the kingpin without a lot of slop.

Top quality US materials and Made in USA.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
GoPackGo wrote:
I happen to think that my Hensley air hitch is the best hitch I've ever towed with.

Nothing against B&W.

Tim

I would agree it is a very high quality hitch with a solid locking mechanism. It is heavy but it has a built in air ride system.

I have a TrailAire air ride extended kingpin that works well with the B&W to do the same thing.

Scott_85
Explorer
Explorer
I love my Andersen.
TV: 2013 Ram 2500 Laramie, G56, Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch.
5er: 2013 Coachmen Chaparral 280RLS

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I have no experience with some of the high $$$ hitches. I've had several of the mid priced, now have a B&W.

I think what makes the B&W popular, in any of the several variations, is the ease of use. They are well made, and the powder coat finish is flawless, and durable.

The B&W company really stands behind their product. You can call and talk to a real person, that is both friendly and knowledgeable.

Are there other good hitches out there? Sure there is, but it's hard to beat the B&W price, with an equal quality hitch.

I'd better add, that this is MHO.

Jerry

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer

Nothing against B&W.

Tim