cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Finally made the switch - class A to toyhauler

thegreatgooglym
Explorer
Explorer
Well, the wife and I finally made the decision to trade the old '98 Bounder away on a new 2013 Forest River Sandstorm 3215SRS toyhauler. We're going to miss the convenience of travelling in a class A but already we are liking the space when set up and the way it pulls behind the truck. Corners took a little getting used to and I have a lot of practice ahead of me backing up but overall really enjoying the change. Looking forward to our two weeks through the mountains of BC this summer.

I'll post pics once I figure out how.
2009 F350 4x4 CC Lariat 6.8L V10
2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
2013 Forest River Sandstorm 3215SRS

One husband, one wife, 3 daughters, 1 son, 4 cats, 1 dog and a whole lotta love.

"I work to live, I don't live to work"
13 REPLIES 13

afishinado
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congrats! The dark side huh? I am a newbie and already thinking about what I want next LOL... So I'm on yet another slippery slope like the boats, motorcycles, hunting and fishing era's in my life.... Oh, boy, here I go again!
2006 KZ - 37 my first RV of any kind
06 Dodge 3500 Mega Cab Dually Cummins
Travel 2+ months a year with wife, 2 dogs and 2 Harleys

Bedlam
I have gone from tent and car camping to a fiberglass formed trailer to pop up tent trailer to bumper pull toy hauler to truck camper with enclosed trailer as times/wants have changed. I have to agree that each time you make a switch, you are in the dark. As you learn your way around, you realize everything is the same but just a little different...

My next change will be a tow vehicle upgrade so I have more options next time we decide to go dark again.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

RickSo
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome! Congrat's on the move over to this side. ๐Ÿ™‚
Rick
----------------------------------------
2015 Volvo 730, D13, I-shift, 500/1850
2015 GMC 3500HD Denali 4x4 Dually
2012 Excel W41GKE Wild Cargo Toy Hauler
2010 BMW K1300GT / 2008 BMW R1200GS
2016 Polaris RZR 1000S

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
Welcome to the Dark Side.

Wait a minute when I sold my Toy Hauler the Class A guys said welcome to the Dark Side... I'm confused ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thats Dave Networking the crowd....
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

thegreatgooglym
Explorer
Explorer
I think that may be because whenever you move from one type of rv to another you are in the dark about a lot of things particular to that type - hence dark side. LOL.

Either that or every type of rv'er thinks their choice is the "black sheep"?
2009 F350 4x4 CC Lariat 6.8L V10
2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
2013 Forest River Sandstorm 3215SRS

One husband, one wife, 3 daughters, 1 son, 4 cats, 1 dog and a whole lotta love.

"I work to live, I don't live to work"

Y-Guy
dedmiston wrote:

Wait a minute when I sold my Toy Hauler the Class A guys said welcome to the Dark Side... I'm confused ๐Ÿ˜‰

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:

What Dave said!
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

steiny93
Explorer
Explorer
congrats, welcome to the club ๐Ÿ™‚
2000 Volvo 610
2013 Cyclone 3950

dedmiston

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
That's "Evolution" for ya. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Boxer_Lovers
Explorer
Explorer
Its great that RVers have these choices. The freedom to switch from one style to another as many times as we feel the need and can afford to do.

We have owned every class of RV, and have enjoyed them all. As life's circumstances; kids, work, retirement, etc.evolve, its good to know there are American companies employing American workers making recreational products that have to compete for our business. No where else in the world offers what we have here.
Dave, Robin, and Buster the Boxer
2008 Beaver Contessa, 42, Caterpillar 425
Toad 2017 Ram 1500, Quad Cab, Limited, M&G brake, Blue Ox.

wirenutz
Explorer
Explorer
I too made the same switch, class A to a fifth wheel toy hauler, way more livable, more storage, better layout
2007 All American Sport Toy Hauler 38 foot, 14,400 LBS dry weight
1999 Four Door Freightliner,new 6 Speed Auto, new Cat Motor, 12,600 LBS, rear air dump, lowers rear by 3", air activated rear locker, air ride seats, air ride cab, air ride suspension

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
You will enjoy the pulling power of the V10 but might not like the mileage! Have fun camping!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com