cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Firestone Air bags

poloace
Explorer
Explorer
I am contemplating putting a set on my truck. Just wondering if it is worth it or not.
We have a 2010 dodge 3500 4x4.
2013 Montana 285rld
We have pulled about 2000 mi, and there is no problems. It sags a little but not much.
I hear it takes some of the buck out.
We used to pull a 28ft savoy. which was lighter.
2013 Montana Mountaineer 285rld
2010 Dodge 3500 single wheel 4x4
41 REPLIES 41

acadianeh
Explorer
Explorer
Love mine on my 2500. They really improve the "bobble head" effect.

porknbeanr
Explorer
Explorer
I have the firestone bags along with an on board compressor. Solved a lot of problems and has served me well for the past four years.
2008 CYCLONE 4012
2008 F350 SUPER DUTY
2007 ARCTIC CAT PROWLER SXS
1999 CLUB CAR

jevanb
Explorer
Explorer
I put a set of airlift loadlifter5000 with a compressor and would never tow without again. the 5er squats to level without but I run 65psi and it puts it back to stock level. I also have a fitting on the license plate bolt in case the compressor quits, super easy to install in my truck. It has a 5psi sensor that keeps the bags at that pressure so I never have to fill while not towing
2006 CC 4x Lbz,

2012 Wildcat 344QB
Pullrite Superglide

gsxr1300
Explorer
Explorer
$375 on ebay I just made an offer of $300 and they accepted
2011 Ford F250 Lariat 6.7 4x4 LB
2010 Crossroads Sunset Trail 29QB
2001 Suzuki Hayabusa 1300 Turbo Charged 300+RWHP

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
K,
I'm convinced.
I'll get a set of Firestones from ETrailer this coming month.

sdetweil
Explorer
Explorer
Airstreamer67 wrote:
The Firestone air bags have made a big difference for my rig. I have them plumbed with a "T" on the air lines so the bags are exactly equal in pressure, which is what my rig needs. It works very well.

same here, use a T
2012 Ford F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel.
2013 Keystone Alpine 3720FB

Airstreamer67
Explorer
Explorer
The Firestone air bags have made a big difference for my rig. I have them plumbed with a "T" on the air lines so the bags are exactly equal in pressure, which is what my rig needs. It works very well.

YakFishMo
Explorer
Explorer
sdetweil wrote:
YakFishMo wrote:

Thanks for the info. So, you already installed the bags on your truck? My 5er weighs about 16,000, so there is some squat going on.

yes, had them on my 250, not enough truck for my trailer, moved them to the dually.. trailer gross is 15500. so far just over 13k.. (no water)

also replaced the shocks with adjustable Rancho 9000xls and remote controller.

need to add onboard air tank for remote control of the airbags..

Sam

I already have the onboard air. I installed a Viair 200 PSI system a while back. It's great for airing up those 110PSI tires on the 5er!
2012 Cedar Creek 36 CKTS
2015 F-350 6.7 CC DRW

sdetweil
Explorer
Explorer
YakFishMo wrote:

Thanks for the info. So, you already installed the bags on your truck? My 5er weighs about 16,000, so there is some squat going on.

yes, had them on my 250, not enough truck for my trailer, moved them to the dually.. trailer gross is 15500. so far just over 13k.. (no water)

also replaced the shocks with adjustable Rancho 9000xls and remote controller.

need to add onboard air tank for remote control of the airbags..

Sam

YakFishMo
Explorer
Explorer
sdetweil wrote:
YakFishMo wrote:
Anyone know where the best price can be had for the Firestone system? I get the driveline shudder when towing and, supposedly, the air bags will correct the drive shaft/rear end angle and stop the shudder.

You want the firestone 2535 kit for your ford dually. (I have the same). best price I can find at the moment is around $375 (via google search). I do not have the shudder with my Keystone Alpine, but the bags do help reduce the harsh overload spring response on bumps.

2012 Cedar Creek 36 CKTS
2015 F-350 6.7 CC DRW

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Love mine, 20 to 30 psi makes a good ride, and extends the life of the leaf springs. Adding Bilstein shocks on the rear helps also.

sdetweil
Explorer
Explorer
YakFishMo wrote:
Anyone know where the best price can be had for the Firestone system? I get the driveline shudder when towing and, supposedly, the air bags will correct the drive shaft/rear end angle and stop the shudder.

You want the firestone 2535 kit for your ford dually. (I have the same). best price I can find at the moment is around $375 (via google search). I do not have the shudder with my Keystone Alpine, but the bags do help reduce the harsh overload spring response on bumps.

YakFishMo
Explorer
Explorer
2012 Cedar Creek 36 CKTS
2015 F-350 6.7 CC DRW

mike2wheels
Explorer
Explorer
I have Firestone bags on my truck. I fill them to between 25 and 30 pounds for towing with a 2000 lb pin weight. The trailer weight and pin weight are within the towing specs for the truck, but I found that the truck bounces more with no air in the bags.
2005 Honda Gold Wing
2006 HR Endeavor 40PAQ