cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

firestone tires

rjdlooking
Explorer
Explorer
Well here we go again had st235/80r/16 on my trailer 2007 Montana. So far this trip have had 3 blowouts. Need I say not happy. Tires are less than 2 yr old and only about 3000 miles. Did a lot of damage to the trailer but it was all cosmetic thank god. All the tires had 80 psi so under inflating was not the problem. They are firestone tires or shouuld I say were.
25 REPLIES 25

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Add another satisfied user:

Firestone TransForce HT here also.

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
OP scared the bejesus out of me. I am running Firestone transforce also.

I can relax now. :C

PatnRich
Explorer
Explorer
When my Montana tires needed to be replaced I purchased Firestone Transforce and was happy. I am now running BFG Commercial T/A's 3 years and 12,000 miles trouble free.
2010 Montana 3400RL, 2011 Ford F350,CC,SB,16K Pullrite SuperGlide

DaveInIowa
Explorer
Explorer
When I bought my 94 Tioga Arrow 2 years ago it had Es on rear and Ds up front.
Multiple brands.
The rig was squirrely in wind and semi passing.
Put TransForce Es all around. Stable as a rock even in heavy wind.
Just under 1000.00 at my mechanic.
He does lots of heavy truck/farm stuff and thought the Borg air valves we pricey.
He took long metal stems and bent them. Says he does it all the time. Plus he was able to get them to clear the simulators.
Couldn't be happier!
1994 Fleetwood Tioga Arrow

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
Firestone Transforce HT fan here. Never a problem with them on several trucks and 5 th wheels.
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Chevy truck from ABC Ford Dealership last year and it is a piece of junk. ABC Ford is a lousy dealership and I'll never buy a Ford from them! :W:E
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

okiejoe
Explorer
Explorer
OK, so I was wrong on the size,

That's strange, the Transforce HT is not made in that size. LT236/85R16E would be the size and model name. Chris

Yep that's the size, anyway, NO Problems with them.

okiejoe
Explorer
Explorer
OK, so I was wrong on the size,

That's strange, the Transforce HT is not made in that size. LT236/85R16E would be the size and model name. Chris

Yep that's the size, anyway, NO Problems with them.

Oldme
Explorer
Explorer
Firestone has several tires that they now imported under the
Firestone umbrella. They do not make them.

I was looking at Primewell Tires for the daily driver.
I found this by do a search.:
"These tires are made for the Firestone Company and its affiliated stores; they are the main licensed dealers in the United States. Primewells are, in fact, mainly made for the Firestone Company.

Most are made by The Giti Company. Their headquarters are located in Singapore, and their manufacturing is based primarily in Shanghai, China. Their products are sold in over 100 countries worldwide, with sales operations in 13 different countries. They have been ranked as the 14th and 9th best tire company worldwide in separate publications".

China owns major interests in several tire manufacturers now.
Such as this press release:
"A subsidiary of chemical, rubber and tire giant China National Chemical Corp. will make a takeover bid for Italian tire-maker Pirelli SpA, agreeing on Sunday to purchase the stake of Pirelliโ€™s largest shareholder, according to reports from the New York Times and Reuters.

The deal, which is expected to close during the summer, will give the ChemChina subsidiary, China National Tire and Rubber Co., access to Pirelliโ€™s technology and expand Pirelliโ€™s presence in China".

rjdlooking
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry people I was mistaken when I said they were made by firestone. I was told by the dealer they were, so I took his word for it will know better the next time.

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
B.O. Plenty wrote:
Freestar tires are just another junk Chinese brand. They are not affiliated with Firestone in any way.

B.O.
I do not think the O.P. knows that Freestar is not a Firestone product, it just happened to be sold by a Firestone dealer.

waltbennett
Explorer
Explorer
I've had Firestone Transforce LT tires on our Montana for two years and about 15k miles with no problems at all save a nail I picked up at a country fuel stop. Coach-Net dispatched a service guy who plugged it and it's been fine for over 5k miles.
'06 F350 TD, Softopper, airbags, AeroShield, coolant filter
'10 3665RE Hickory edition, wetbolts, Firestone LTs, Trimetric Battery Monitor, 4x100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking.

sunnybrooktoyha
Explorer
Explorer
I also run transforce tires. I have a 39+ toy hauler tri axle no problems here.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
okiejoe wrote:
I run Firestone TransForce LT 235 80r 16 on my Keystone 34 ft Everest and have at least 22 thousand miles on them with absolutely no problems. I never run an ST tire.

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021