cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flag Pole

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
I've had two Poles and Holders flagpoles. I've managed to break them both and now looking to replace the last one. Corky is great, love the guy and he's fixed mine numerous times all at no charge and with a smile but I'm fortunate to be relatively close to them. However I don't like the pins he uses to secure the sections, kind of cheesy and after a short time the holes egg out a bit and the detent balls pull through. I've gone to hose clamps with thumb screws instead but if you put the flag up/down frequently both are a PITA. As for mounts I have a few options and more on the way so that's not a problem (I'll make whatever I need).

So what else is there? Usually camp in the desert so wind it always a concern and I'm sure why I've had issues; I hate it when I come back from a ride to find the pole collapsed and the flag on the ground, especially if its the stars and stripes!
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX
24 REPLIES 24

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer

Went with the hitch mount and 22' pole, No problems as of yet, and we do spend a good amount of time on the coast!

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Long ago I made a flag pole out of different size metal electrical conduit it's never has failed me.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
There's a guy in Quartzsite that sold a 22' HD for several years with spring push buttons. I bought one and it was great till it was destroyed by someone attempting to retract it and didn't know the buttons were there.

Anyway when I tried to replace it he said he got away from the buttons because they had lots of problems when mixed with sand (i.e.-Beach, Desert, etc.).There was another mfgr that said the same, so with tears in my eyes I bought a standard pole and drilled it. I bought very expensive SS pins because it's at the beach allot.

As for the holder, I bought this thing from him shown below. It's got milled and anodized mounts holding an inset PVC pipe that I painted and have probably 15 coats of clear on. I also have the Poles and Holders upper 2.5 mount that keeps the pole from banging around. Guarnteed THIS mount will NOT break

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
jake2250 wrote:

Have had a Poles and Holders for over five years now,,not an issue,been to the coast ALLOT! Stiff winds,rain,wind,,they are holding up.. Guess I am lucky!

what kind do you have?
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer

Have had a Poles and Holders for over five years now,,not an issue,been to the coast ALLOT! Stiff winds,rain,wind,,they are holding up.. Guess I am lucky!

nayther wrote:
Thanks guys, pretty pricey but nice products. Do you have any problems with them collapsing in the wind? That's been my problem with the fiberglas versions.

I was just at the beach for a long weekend in some pretty stiff winds with 2 flags.. no worries..

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys, pretty pricey but nice products. Do you have any problems with them collapsing in the wind? That's been my problem with the fiberglas versions.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

This is where I got mine - Collins Flags

been on the beach with 2 flags and a stiff wind with NO BEND . . made my own mount.

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

DuneJunkie
Explorer
Explorer
a friend of mine sells some that I think are truly the best available. they come with a welded steel base that can be mounted under a tire, or leveling jack, and a aluminum flag pole with a 5' LED whip on top.....from what I can find on the web, his is the best around.....

rainbowrod.com
2005 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 CC Duramax/Allison, with 18K SuperGlide Hitch
2008 385 Fleetwood Gearbox
2015 Polaris Rzr4 1000
2002 Honda 400ex
2009 Polaris Outlaw 90

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
-Flagpole buddy- I use two of them on the rear ladder one for a flag the other for cell phone booster antenna. They have a few different size poles and mounts have used ours at the beach for three years no problems
Mike
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's