cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fleetwood Gearbox Delamination

bjarnold
Explorer
Explorer
It's been years since any updates on the Fleetwood Gearbox delam issue and I was wondering what caused the problem?. Manufacturing defect or roof/seam leaks
3 REPLIES 3

Y-Guy
One of my neighbors bought another brand that had some bad spots, probably delam as well. He had the whole front covered with diamond plate. Looks intense now but he said as long as he maintains the seal around the edges he should be good to go.

The good thing is if its only small spots it probably won't grow, the damage is already done. Another RV owner I talked to while camping had some small spots and he sanded them down and then ended up putting a vinyl sheet over it, like for vinyl lettering. Almost looked like it belonged on the RV from the factory.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

bjarnold
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I was looking for awhile and came across a good deal on a 2004 Gearbox 260FS with some delam on the front

Y-Guy
That dates back to the 2004-05, and fixed the issue around November 2004. From memory it was a manufacturing problem. The archives have a lot of posts about this issue. Of course Fleetwood closed no longer makes any trailers now.

Are you looking to buy one?

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon