cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

front landing leg

hukillrc
Explorer
Explorer
My wife raised front legs last time out and raised too far, is there a way to take apart and repair? It is a 2001 Laredo 27RL.
7 REPLIES 7

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
I could drop mine by for service.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

hukillrc
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for info. Was able to take apart and use vise grips to unjamb. Back on 5th wheel and seems to be holding as was before. I did grease the gears when I put back together.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it is a Venture leg, you can take it apart fairly easily. Then using a vise on The screw you should be able to use a wrench to move the nut down some. Hopefully its not toast. If so simply order the parts. It is just not worth wasting too much time trying to fix damaged parts.

TNSnowbirds
Explorer
Explorer
I had a broken gear in one of my legs and Keystone helped me a lot getting in touch with Lippert and Venture for rebuild parts. Also WWW.etrailer.com has parts for the legs. It's a simple rebuild. Good luck.
2014 Bighorn
2006 GMC 3500 DuraMax
2008 Harley Ultra Classic
Retired USAF CSMgt EOD
"EOD, ain't that a bunch"

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try to hand crank to unjam
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

hukillrc
Explorer
Explorer
Still hooked up to pickup. I have the top part out now and it appears the screw that raises and lowers is jammed with the internal stop at top.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sure. What brand for starters?
Place a hydraulic jack under the frame on that side. Look inside the front compartment. You should see two clamps holding the leg in place. Take the nuts off and tap the bolts out. Pry the clamps apart a bit and lift the leg out. You might have to take the "snaps" hardware off and let the inner part of the leg fall out. But the main part will come out the top. Once on the bench just start taking it apart.