cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Furnace filter

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Jayco Designer 2009 (34 RLQS). It has an Atwood furnace. Does anyone know if this unit has a furnace filter? I got the fiver new, and have never seen a filter. It's cold here this AM and just got to thinking...
If it moves but shouldn't, use Duct Tape. If it doesn't move but should, use WD40.
5 REPLIES 5

aruba5er
Explorer
Explorer
I made a frame to accept a filter and placed it in front of the return air. (about 11x23 inches) My furnace guy gave it to me and it's washable. keep it clean and it will not hurt performance. To answer the ? no your furnace does not have a filter. What are you thinking? They cost money. We can't be spending money and c##p like that.

MC9
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if the filter does anything or not but, it does knock off a couple of db's.

past-MIdirector
Explorer
Explorer
I've used the thin cut to fit A/C filter on my RV furnace intake for 25 years. Three different MHs and never had a problem. I went to school 25 years ago for Heating and Refrigeration and learned the importance of a filter and the proper type! I use the thin black filters with the plastic framing, cut to fit both on the A/C and furnace. In the winter the furnace is changed monthly when using the furnace just like the A/C they need to be changed at least monthly when in use. I also vacuum the area around the furnace that accessible every fall before running the furnace. A proper filter will not restrict the air flow unless it is left in and never changed just like in a home.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
RV furnaces do not use a filter.
A filter would restrict the return air flow, fan can not suck enough air thru a filter and furnace would overheat due to lack of return air flow.

No filters on RV furnaces

Which is a good thing sorta......5 years is a long time not to change a filter
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
No it does not. Not enough fan pressure to push air through filter media