cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Got bored on vacation and went looking at campers guess what

Our_Place
Explorer
Explorer
We pick up the new one next Saturday! Traded in the 2011 Coachman and bought a new Cougar 327RES. After looking at many, many different models this is what the wife liked the best. Found a awesome deal at Walnut Ridge RV in New Castle Indiana.
2008 Silverado 3500HD crew cab 4x4 SRW Duramax Allison 6 speed
2014 Cougar 327 RES "Campy"
21 REPLIES 21

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Oh my gosh! I just looked up the floor plan for your 327RES. Double slides in the living room with a television along the back window that raise up and down, very similar to my Outback! I KNOW you'll LOVE that camper! Congrats again ... (I may be more excited for you than you are!) Excellent choice!

AUWing
Explorer
Explorer
To quote Frankie and Willie. . . I hate it when that happens
2014 Jayco 331RETS
Thermal Pane, Auto Level, Fireplace
2011 Silverado 2500HD EC Regular Box D'Max / Allison
Great wife and a good dog

Shadow_Grey
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new camper.

We are going to a BIG RV show this weekend at the Mills Mall just outside of ST. Louis with at least 100 campers on display. I hope it will be just a look and not a VERY expensive weekend...if you know what I mean because if I go bigger camper I have to go bigger truck too...and I really don't plan on that for about 4-6 more years (closer to retirement).
'11 F150 XLT Red Candy Met. Ecoboost 4X4 Screw 5.5', Max Tow,Reese R16k 5th wheel hitch,Ride-Rite Air Springs, E Rated Tires, Extang Cover
'13 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 29RES,triple slides,Mor/Ryde suspension, Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder, 16" E rated tires

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new camper. We purchased our Outback from Walnut Ridge also. Did they tell you they will have you bring the camper back in 3 months for a warranty inspection? Anything you discover ... I mean ANYTHING you discover, they will fix it, no questions asked. And they will find things you didn't even notice. Then at 11 months they will call you back again for another inspection. ANYTHING not working, broken, or whatever, will get fixed. They want the camper to go out of the 1 year manufacturer warranty 100% working with no issues.

At 3 months they fixed the drain in the shower (which was installed wrong) on our Outback. We purchased in September, went to Florida in December, and when we came back, they fixed it in January. Sprung a leak in the same drain, took it back a couple weeks later, and fixed it (no questions at all). Worked perfect ever since. They also found the skirt around the wheels (screw holes) were broken out. I never noticed that. They replaced the skirts on both side of the camper.

At the 11 month inspection, the ONLY thing wrong we could find was the over head stove fan quit working. They fixed it no questions. Turns out it was a loose wire. AND they fixed some trim that was coming loose. I still have no clue where that was though.

I've heard from several folks that Walnut Ridge is by far the absolute BEST RV dealership ANYWHERE (yes, I'm shouting)... and I have come to agree!

You'll absolutely love that Cougar when you get it.

Congrats! And ... welcome to the Walnut Ridge Family! (alumni???)

Edit:

My $35,000 ink pin! I am sooo proud of it. It's the one we signed the loan with!

rugermark2
Explorer
Explorer
That's always the way it works for me, if I'm looking, that means I'm buying.
2011 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins
2015 Cougar 29RLI

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations.

Your boredom sure is expensive! ๐Ÿ™‚
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
You know how that happens! Oops, just looking! That happened to us in October 2011, we were at a regional rally for Drv, the manufacturer and the local dealer brought some models to the rally. "lets go look", signing the papers 4 days later! So, Congrats and happy traveling