cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grand Design Reflection 303

juniorz
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at getting one of these, does anyone have this model? Any pro's and cons?
How well are they made?
How well does the heat and AC work? Does it cool down the unit?
Anyone have any warranty issues?

Thanks
Mike
24 REPLIES 24

N8GS
Explorer
Explorer
caysea7254 wrote:
we have a new 2015 337RLS grand Design. Everyone talking about the Westlake tires. Well ST tires are speed restricted to 65 miles an hour. This is stated in our reflections owners manual. So going over that speed may contribute to all the tire problems! Just sayin!! ๐Ÿ™‚

The Westlake tires on my 337RLS are rated at 75MPH. Its printed right on the sidewall. However I only run at 65 to keep the fuel cost within reason.
Ham radio 73's from Gale N8GS
2009 GMC 2500HD Ext cab, LB 4x4 Duramax
2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS Pin wt.2900#
B&W companion
2 Honda EU2000i
400 Ah LiFePO4 batteries + 470W of solar w/ Outback FM-60 CC
Samlex 2000w PSW inverter

2PM_s
Explorer
Explorer
When we picked up our Reflection, I checked the tire pressure in each tire. One tire was 40 pounds and the other three had 75 pounds. I just had them air that tire up and went on my way. Since then I have found that tire will lose almost a pound a day. I am sure it is the valve, valve stem or the rim itself. I should of had the dealer find the leak as I believe it may be the rim as others have had this slow leak problem. It will be warranty issue if it is the rim. However, the point is if I had not checked the air in these "new" Westlake tires and continue to check the pressure I could/would have a blowout and blame these no good Westlake tire. Yes, I do have TPMS, but I did not have TPMS when I left the dealer.

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
we have a new 2015 337RLS grand Design. Everyone talking about the Westlake tires. Well ST tires are speed restricted to 65 miles an hour. This is stated in our reflections owners manual. So going over that speed may contribute to all the tire problems! Just sayin!! ๐Ÿ™‚
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
Well soon to be Reflection 303 RLS owners ourselves. This is the unit originally picked, but NO, I had to have the Outback 315 FRE by Keystone. Mostly due to cost. Big Mistake. I loved the trailer and it was beautiful. Traveled to get it and the wow factor went away shortly after the purchase. So long story short, owned it for 3 weeks, used it about 7 days and nights. Now it is traded for the reflection. Issues and usability were the biggies that made me change. Lost a few bucks, but less expensive than a 4 year college course. Looking forward to taking delivery some time next week. The only thing I will do is add a lifeline battery as we purchased without battery. first trip is scheduled for the first / middle of June ! ! ! So sarcasm is welcome, I already did most of the beating myself up already, a few more bruises, no biggie. And before all look at previous post and remind me of weight issues, we will be conservative and will be upgrading tow vehicle soon ! ! !

rmalik1
Explorer
Explorer
There are many things to learn about buying any trailer and construction is the most important. Not one to tell u that only high trailers are good as everyone is different, but thinking that u will get what u need here for specific trailer would be hearsay for you. Learn what makes a good trailer.

Ask questions on what are construction materials used, company's service, axle size, tires, OSB vs marine grade plywood, frame size and little things "like do awnings have a metal wrap" etc.
Take what is given but check it out for yourself, look at high end trailers and find out what used in them and try to match as much as u can to what ur looking at.
2012 Cedar Creek 36RE w/ Level Up
B&W Turnover w/ 18k Companion Hitch
08 Ford 350 Lariat DW PSD Crew Cab Long Bed 4:30

VeryLucky
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, us two newbie's have just purchased a new 2016 5th wheel Grand Design Reflections 303RLS and the trailer is magnificent. However, a problem with the Westlake ST225/75R15 10 ply "E" rated tires might be an issue. On our first trip on 4/30/15, and no more than thirty-one miles from home, the drivers side farthest back trailer tire BLEW out! Lucky for us I could pull over on an exit ramp right away. We called our dealer and they gave us the number for road side assistance. After thirty minutes of the road side assistance "company" putting me on hold, I let the lady know what size and load range tire we needed. Four hours after the blowout, we were back on our way to our destination. Unknown to us, the tire put on the trailer was a truck radial tire! The tire held up, but I will recommend paying very close attention to what tire is brought out for replacement. So, after getting back from our short trip, the work began to get a replacement tire and to no avail. There are no Westlake tires to be found in Oklahoma, period. We have had to contact both the manufacturer and dealer to hopefully get a wheel (which has a small dent on the inside of the rim) and tire replacement. The saga continues as of this posting. Good Luck to anyone with these type tires. We may be replacing ours very soon.

Bamaman11
Explorer
Explorer
We really like our Grand Design Reflection trailer, however. The floorplan and features are just great, and we consider it a very good value in a fifth wheel trailer.

The weight and size are just about the maximum my 3/4 ton diesel truck needs to tow.

Bamaman11
Explorer
Explorer
pipers family wrote:
How about those Westlake tires- any issues with them from the Grand Design owners OR anyone else??

There have been numerous postings on every RV forums about the Chinese tire problems on all RV's and boat trailers. It's a favorite subject.

On GrandDesignOwners.com, I've heard less complaints on Westlake tires than other Chinese built tires (including Goodyear Marathons.)

Let me just say my new 2015 Reflection 323BHS has Bridgestone Duravis R250 ribbed tires on it. They were $195 each at Costco. A tire failure can cause $3K-$4K damage very easily on any RV, and I just don't want any hassles or insurance claims.

lowfly
Explorer
Explorer
We have this exact unit. Extremely impressed and the customer service is the best.
Grand Designs 33' Relection, Ford 2005 F350 6.0 PSD Dully w/turbo, 6 grandchildren, 3 standard poodles, a Shitzu, my best friend Maggie waiting at the rainbow bridge, a spoiled cat, and a good woman of 48 years.

glazier
Explorer II
Explorer II
I replaced my Westlake tires before I made a trip. Who knows, those Westlakes might be OK. I have always replaced OEM tires on everything I own, not a big deal.
2017 Grand Design Momentum 328M
2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax CC/SB/4X4
B&W Companion Slider

Gsport
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
Gsport wrote:
I've got a GD Solitude 369RL with about 10,000 miles on it. Very happy with it. You can't go wrong with any Grand Design product..
Westlake tires????

I put about 7,500 miles on my original westlake tires with no problems. Sold them on Craigslist for $200.00 and put goodyear G-614's on for peace of mind

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
pipers family wrote:
How about those Westlake tires- any issues with them from the Grand Design owners OR anyone else??

I have the Westlake tires with 11K miles on them. I've had zero problems with them. They retain their pressure well, don't get too hot, and I've noticed zero defects with them. I've inspected them after every trip. No cracks, no belt separation and no unusual tread wear. I've had China bombs on my last rig that wouldn't last 2K miles. These seem to be well built and are easy to maintain. I use a TPMS just in case though.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 303 last spring and so far are very happy with it. The materials and appliances are fairly typical for the price range but the fit and finish on our unit was outstanding. Had a furnace problem that turned out to be debris in the burner, either from installation or manufacture. Dealer fixed it no problem. We haven't used it in severe weather yet. The single AC was OK into the high eighties but I think might struggle much above that. Biggest issue for me was the 15" wheels. I swapped them with the 16's from our old rig which was actually a lighter trailer.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Justaguy
Explorer
Explorer
pipers family wrote:

I can't speak for others, so I won't but a little over 10,000 miles and had no problems. I had to air one up 5lbs one time. That's it. I took them off in prep for the Winter trip and sold them on Craigs List for $150.00. OK, let the flaming begin. ๐Ÿ™‚