cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

graphics and keystone

Rich_Mar
Explorer
Explorer
Well this went just as I expected. I just got off the phone to keystone about my failing graphics. They started peeling and cracking when the fiver was only four years old and now it's 7. I've called about every year since to complain hoping I would get a different answer. But no, same thing "out of warranty". I have found some graphics on ebay for less than $100. Has anyone bought these and applied them and how have they lasted? I am talking the nose graphics only.
rich
30 REPLIES 30

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Yep fair enough at least they are trying to use better ones than my 2012 Monty where they did start to peal in a few spots and all the thousands of perforated holes on the newer Graphics to let them breath is a start and I have never seen any bad reports about the newer graphics on the Montana Forum from Folks that live in Arizona Etc.. where the heat is brutal on them but we will see, Now Faded gel coat on the front Caps THAT is a different story and folks are still having problems with that on the front cap unless they have full body paint
Ralph Cramden wrote:
topjimmy wrote:
Montana started putting new improved graphics in 2015 which have thousands of little holes to let them "breath" and are way better looking and durable than the old Big Mountain scene of old

Report back what they look like in 2020 or 2021. Keystone and other manufacturers use the cheapest graphics that can be had, supplied by the lowest bidder, just like all the other cheap junk they use. That's why a year or two later the same design can usually not be obtained, and if they can they're super expensive because they are custom ordering them. You may think they improved their graphics, personally I highly doubt it. They're not using top of the line 3M or Oracal vinyl, not even close. They use some Chinese knockoff vinyl that has a low resistance to UV. Even the good stuff has a limited life...10 to 12 years max.
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ooops
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
topjimmy wrote:
Montana started putting new improved graphics in 2015 which have thousands of little holes to let them "breath" and are way better looking and durable than the old Big Mountain scene of old

Report back what they look like in 2020 or 2021. Keystone and other manufacturers use the cheapest graphics that can be had, supplied by the lowest bidder, just like all the other cheap junk they use. That's why a year or two later the same design can usually not be obtained, and if they can they're super expensive because they are custom ordering them. You may think they improved their graphics, personally I highly doubt it. They're not using top of the line 3M or Oracal vinyl, not even close. They use some Chinese knockoff vinyl that has a low resistance to UV. Even the good stuff has a limited life...10 to 12 years max.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
That's a shame, we had the same problem with our 2010 Fuzion after 4 or 5 years. But we did get the decals, after taking some pictures and emailing them to Keystone. We still have them sitting in the garage, but at least we do have them. They should have stood behind their work and replaced yours.

Same here, took pictures , first they sent me just the front, send additional pictures of one side graphic getting bad , then they sent me the entire set including the front . So I ended up with two sets for the front . Mine is a 2008 Montana 3400 RL , so this was probably around 2010 or 11when they were starting to go bad and I contacted Keystone.

The second set of front graphics are now looking pretty bad , held up much longer then originals ,need to replace now. The sides I have replaced just a few as they get bad , they have held up much better.

It’s unfotuneate they still don’t supply them, at least make them available for the first four or five years.

Thinking seriously of getting mine painted , and doing some upgrades , other then the graphics no issues. I can do a lot for the 60-70k they want for a new Montana, and arguably an inferior build .

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
I'm planning on painting the stupid black nose cap on my KZ to match the body, at some point in time. IF I replace any graphics, I'd do something like a full-on nose shot of UP 4014 belching coal smoke =and= mount a headlight in the cap. :B

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

ZeeLet50
Explorer
Explorer
I had the front section replaced on my Keystone and when i tried to get graphics they were over $1100 to replace plus installation. I sourced a local graphics shop to make them. They did a pretty good job matching color and size from pictures. It cost about 1/2 of what Keystone or dealer wanted plus were made of higher quality materials. It still was not cheap.
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS towed by a 2016 GMC 2500HD gas with Andersen hitch and B&W turnover ball mount.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
laknox wrote:
Why do you want to replace graphics that are nothing but =advertising= for the company that you =paid= for when you bought it?

OTOH, why wouldn't any company want to replace bad graphics =for= the advertising? :h

Lyle

This is exactly how I feel about sports memorabilia (like T-shirts and hats!) OK, I'm a scrooge!

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Mine do not look Chessy at all ,Montana started putting new improved graphics in 2015 which have thousands of little holes to let them "breath" and are way better looking and durable than the old Big Mountain scene of old they look pretty understated and anyway who wants just a pure white plain 5er??? I'm guessing not to many people
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
We ended up removing all of the decals on our 2006 Montana, now that I have all the adhesive off, thinking of painting new ones on rather than having to deal with removing decals again in a few years. I found there is a company in Ca. that specializes in making new ones. Good Luck and Happy Camping !!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
topjimmy wrote:
O.K. I guess when and if my GMC,Lexus and Grady White boat"advertising" start having fading emblems and graphics I will just take them off and leave NOTHING OHHH That will look Sweet.:R
laknox wrote:
Why do you want to replace graphics that are nothing but =advertising= for the company that you =paid= for when you bought it?

OTOH, why wouldn't any company want to replace bad graphics =for= the advertising? :h

Lyle

There are only a few small emblems on my cars, but nothing like the 10" tall "Durango 1500" across the front of my rig, or "Montana" or "Sportsman" or "whatever". Frankly the "graphics" on most rigs seem to come from the same people who choose the interior fabrics, which mostly look like the leftovers from some old hippy's acid trip. And who the F decided that fake leather is better than cloth for a hot, humid environment? Only people who've never RV'd, that's for sure.

Lyle
1936 John Deere Model A

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
O.K. I guess when and if my GMC,Lexus and Grady White boat"advertising" start having fading emblems and graphics I will just take them off and leave NOTHING OHHH That will look Sweet......NOT
laknox wrote:

Lyle

laknox
Nomad
Nomad

Lyle
1936 John Deere Model A

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Mine is a 2007 and the front decals started peeling at 5 years. But I got lucky and Keystone was still supplying replacement decals for free at the time although I had to install them. But they stopped shortly after I think. For $100 I would give them a try. Although getting the old ones off does require some effort. But it sure looks great when the new ones are put on.

If you want to stand out from the crowd you might give these a try.

wallartworld.com

Rich_Mar
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
Rich&Mar wrote:
Well this went just as I expected. I just got off the phone to keystone about my failing graphics. They started peeling and cracking when the fiver was only four years old and now it's 7. I've called about every year since to complain hoping I would get a different answer. But no, same thing "out of warranty". I have found some graphics on ebay for less than $100. Has anyone bought these and applied them and how have they lasted? I am talking the nose graphics only.

My best friend has a Cougar that they all faded real bad... He too has called every year asking, with no luck... he even offered to buy them, BUT they are way too expensive...

Who did you find online that sells them??
ebay amazon has them too. just type in cougar graphics
rich

Rich&Mar wrote:

My best friend has a Cougar that they all faded real bad... He too has called every year asking, with no luck... he even offered to buy them, BUT they are way too expensive...

Who did you find online that sells them??
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet