cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hangers/Springs/Axles

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer
On my 2017 Hartland, the 8k axles have moved off the center of frame to the road side by 3/8inch.
Now the hangers welded on to the frame have a 2.010inch wide gap, the springs have a eye dimension 1 3/4" wide so the hangers have been squashed down to the eye of the springs not a 100% face location would this be normal not good engineering.
The axle perches have a pitch for springs at 68.500" and the center of the frame "I to I" at 68.844" therefor the spring taper inwards.
I have been trying to find out with no joy whether the wrong hangers were welded on or they installed 1 3/4" over 2" springs?
Could I install 2" springs to help stiffen this nightmare?
To top it off I have done the string test and I have a bent "I" frame going up into the coach by +3/4" at the front axle.
Any help.
Den.
2017 Landmark Arlington 365
2015 Silverado LTZ 3500 c/c LWB.
7 REPLIES 7

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer
I am planning to take her to AZ to have the frame pulled down and they will reinforced the frame. I would love IS maybe later.
Thanks.
Den.
2017 Landmark Arlington 365
2015 Silverado LTZ 3500 c/c LWB.

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been running the Mor/Ryde IS for 8 years and love it. Greatest thing available for RVs. It is not cheap but rides so much better.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
Change to IS system and get ready of the head ache .
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Another option is the Roadmaster Comfort Ride system. Uses slipper springs and shocks.

https://www.roadmasterinc.com/products/travel_trailers/comfort_ride.php

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

bolljl
Explorer III
Explorer III
Highly recommend checking into https://www.morryde.com/products/independent-suspension-system/ that replaces Hangers/Springs/Axles with independent suspension system.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually 4X4 CUMMINS
2013 Lifestyle LS35SB, MORryde IS System
AIRSAFE, Air Hitch

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you need to find a big rig trailer repair shop in your area and let them make a call on what issues that trailers suspension/frame rails have.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

GMH
Explorer
Explorer
Don’t know if this helps. I just had everything replaced and upgraded the springs on my Cougar 26sab. Here are a couple of before pics. Hangers all look straight and square.