cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help on camper decision

jblake240
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking of buying one of these two campers.
Would like to know you opinions on the quality
and like ability of both. And to you the best buy.
2014 Forest River Sierra 366FL Fifth Wheel
2014 Dutchmen INFINITY 3860MS Fifth Wheel
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
ggardne2 wrote:
I would opt for the Forest River product (or pretty much anything not manufactured by Dutchmen). Of the four trailers I owned the most troublesome from a build quality issue was a Dutchmen Denali ... had more issues than all other three units combined. Almost all of the issues were around poor build quality. I believe if you take a close look at the Dutchmen you will start to notice lack of attention to detail in interior fit and finish. In the two RV shows I'v been two in the past three months I still notice numerous build defects and lack of attention to detail in Dutchmen's products.

Sadly, no currently manufacturer is free from this plague.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

ggardne2
Explorer
Explorer
I would opt for the Forest River product (or pretty much anything not manufactured by Dutchmen). Of the four trailers I owned the most troublesome from a build quality issue was a Dutchmen Denali ... had more issues than all other three units combined. Almost all of the issues were around poor build quality. I believe if you take a close look at the Dutchmen you will start to notice lack of attention to detail in interior fit and finish. In the two RV shows I'v been two in the past three months I still notice numerous build defects and lack of attention to detail in Dutchmen's products.

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
We own the Sandpiper 366FL. Same as Sierra but different color schemes. The only issue I have is no access to the bathroom with slides in. Must move kitchen slide out to get to bathroom. Also, storage is lacking in the basement but there is a lot inside. Don't get the theater seating, go with the standard couches, more comfortable watching TV.
Only warranty work done was a bad hydraulic valve for front slide, left landing leg replaced due to leak, floor in hallway had to be leveled and electric heater element replaced. No issues since last July.
Overall, very pleased with our 366FL and look forward to many years of traveling with it. Good luck with your decision and have fun.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

B_Sjulestad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree, I also like the floor plan of the Dutchmen. However before you decide I would like to suggest you look at the Cedar Creek 36ckts it has about the same floor plan as the Dutchman but much more room in the bedroom area with a king bed.
Bob & Dianne
2016 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4 DRW D/A
2013 Cedar Creek 36ckts
Emmy,Sassy and Flower our 4 legged kids

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
jblake240 wrote:
Thinking of buying one of these two campers.
Would like to know you opinions on the quality
and like ability of both. And to you the best buy.
2014 Forest River Sierra 366FL Fifth Wheel
2014 Dutchmen INFINITY 3860MS Fifth Wheel
Thanks

For me the 3860MS wins from a floorplan perspective:

1) Bigger shower
2) The chairs face the TV.
3) The bathroom and bedroom are both accessible with the slides in.

The 366FL - you may be able to get past the bed to the bathroom with the rear door. There is a slight advantage that you seemingly can get to your fridge on this one with the slides in.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

jblake240
Explorer
Explorer
Thank I'll to that.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We have had 4 different Forest River RVs and have been satisfied with their quality and function. We have had a few very minor repairs that we have had to take care of, but overall, thoroughly satisfied.

You might want to go to the Forest River Owners Group (FROG) forum and check out that particular model.

Don't know anything at all about the Dutchmen.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW