cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with torn roof

neil57
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have a contact or source for eternabond tape and/or dicor caulking in Woodstock NB. My roof membrane has pulled out of the front cap and I have gorilla taped it, but need something more permanent to continue our trip. We are headed to Nova Scotia for 2 week holiday. It is a holiday here Monday so nothing open as far as I can tell. Any help is appreciated.
2009 2500HD Sierra CC DA
2014 Crossroads Cruiser 35ss
10 REPLIES 10

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
neil57 wrote:
Thanks for all the help, got it repaired in Amherst NS at Roymac Homes. If you are ever in the area and need help, these people are awesome. Roy put 3 experienced workers on it and done in a day with new membrane patch on front. Going to buy some eternabond tape to carry with me from now on, probably never need it LOL.

I have always carried a roll of Eternabond tape with us for emergency repairs. I sealed every seam and roof penetration opening with Eternabond tape at least 13 years ago and we have never had a leak. I purchased the tape from Best Materials who had the sizes needed and also had the best price at the time I purchased.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
neil57 wrote:
Thanks for all the help, got it repaired in Amherst NS at Roymac Homes. If you are ever in the area and need help, these people are awesome. Roy put 3 experienced workers on it and done in a day with new membrane patch on front. Going to buy some eternabond tape to carry with me from now on, probably never need it LOL.

If my son read this, he'd reply with what I think is a very good saying (reference to the Eternabond), "Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it".
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

neil57
Explorer
Explorer
2009 2500HD Sierra CC DA
2014 Crossroads Cruiser 35ss

billmac
Explorer
Explorer
My roof pulled loose up front from the front cap trim to the a/c. Going down the road the roof membrane would rise up. Tech told me the air comes from the hitch up thru the cap and the air slips under the trim to pull loose the roof membrane. My trim was installed with very few screws. The tech re-glued the roof and used two trims with lots of screws. This was 10 years ago and roof is still doing fine.

I have bought Eternal Bond on Ebay, Amazon, and Roofing supply stores on the Internet. Heck I use that stuff for other fixes as well.

JeffPhillips
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.amazon.com/Eternabond-Repair-Cleaner-Primer-Roller/dp/B01BCM9MUS

This will fix it and you can re seal everything else up there why your at it

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rover_Bill wrote:
Have you tried Amazon?

There you go. Gorilla tape will do for the time being, just be sure to clean the adhesive off before applying the eternabond.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

SARGUY
Explorer
Explorer
Google can be your friend for situation like this.

Rover_Bill
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you tried Amazon?
2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Get some spray adhesive and spray it under the membrane to help it stick to the roof.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I've read that sometimes Walmart carries it.
You'll also want to check and see if the membrane has lifted behind the seam. If so then it will need more than just the tape.