cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

hydraulic

Joe_Hall
Explorer
Explorer
My fromt jacks and slide outs on 2013 Sandpiper ROC35 will run then stall. let off the button for a min and it will run again, seems to be getting worse all along. it acts like a circuit breaker but might be in the hydraulic part, anyone had experience with this? Dealer never heard of it?
10 REPLIES 10

FastEagle
Explorer
Explorer
MartyMoose wrote:
What type of hydraulic fluid is used in these ( Limpert 6 point system).

Tks

Automotive power steering fluid.

FE

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
So it's a 2013 model and the dealer has never heard of this problem? If under warranty, I would tell him I want it repaired...so get busy and find someone who has heard of it!
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

MartyMoose
Explorer
Explorer
What type of hydraulic fluid is used in these ( Limpert 6 point system).

I noticed a leak at the top of one of my supports on my new TH which I tightened. Hopefully leak fixed but I thought it might be good insurance to keep a bottle on board.

Tks
2014 Heartland 305RW Road Warrior

2012 Ford F250 Lariat

FastEagle
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto on the self resetting circuit breaker. Once they start stalling like yours is doing they don't last long before completely failing.

FastEagle

sclark
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the self resetting breaker. Any auto parts store will have them. You will find it near the hydraulic pump. About a ten dollar part. Good luck.
2013 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Cummins Aisin transmission
2014 KZ 358BHK
Honda eu3000is Generator

kroghville
Explorer
Explorer
Sent PM

Seattle_Lion
Explorer
Explorer
One more thing to consider is that the hydrolic pump breaker is popping. This is generally an automatic reset breaker. If that is the case, as said above, check fluid levels first. Also, if the temperature is very low and the pump is in an unheated space, it may be too thick for the pump. In some units this breaker eventually fails. Check with the manufacturer before taking any serious action. You may need to substitute a new, higher amp breaker to allow the pump to get going. Do NOT do this without both the hydro manufacturer and the trailer manufacturer agreeing it is ok. You don't want a fire.
2014 Heartland Bighorn 3160 Elite
2014 Ford F350 diesel, 4x4, SRW, crew cab, short bed

Happily camping with my wonderful wife Bobsgirl and our timid golden retriever Daisy Sweetpuppy

Life's a journey. Make it fun!

our new blog

Rod_Wise
Explorer
Explorer
From my experience, in colder weather the oil is much thicker and the circuit breaker will kick off; wait a few minutes and works fine until done or breaker kicks again. Never happens in normal warmer temps.
Rod & DeeDee Wise
Good Sam Charter Life Member,IRV2,American Legion,Eagles,RV.Net
07 Chevy SRW 3500,4x4,D/A,ext.cab
04 Everest 343L

GASMAN6674
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you checked the fluid level?
Jim & Debbie England
Do you have Gas? Propane Exceptional Energy
2015 F350 CCLB 6.2L/4:30 Vermilion Red
2020 Cougar 364BHLGone but not forgotten 2012 Ridgeline 34RLT fifth wheel/2012 V27FK V-Cross TT

Miles_Away
Explorer
Explorer
Does the electric motor that powers the pump stop working, or does it keep running and the jacks and slides freeze up? If the motor stops, it's an electrical issue. If the jacks and slides slow down and stop, it's a hydraulic problem.
M & M :C On the road again!
2007 GMC 3500-SRW-Duramax-longbed-4X4
2008 Keystone EVEREST 348R 5th wheel
2002 SUNDOWNER gooseneck horse trailer