cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance...Need Assistance...Resolved

Hotel_Californi
Explorer
Explorer
This is kind of hard to believe, but I just called my insurance agent to add a 2014 Ram Longhorn we purchased 2 days ago to our policy. When they heard that I would occasionally be towing a fifth wheel, they told me they would not cover the new truck...and wouldn't continue to cover the old truck because it was used to pull a fifth wheel!

Current vehicle and home insurance is via Costco / Ameriprise. We have used them for many years for multiple vehicles as well as for our home insurance. Great pricing and good service. No accidents or tickets for 47 years for either of us. RV is currently insured separately through Good Sam. I need to find a new insurance company quickly.

Does anyone have coverage for vehicles, home and RV through a single reputable company with reasonable rates and decent service? Who is your carrier? Did you compare prices between different companies?

Going to be busy on Monday morning talking to insurance companies. Planning on contacting AAA, Farmers, State Farm, Allstate and Geico. Open to all suggestions for additional companies, or reasons not to bother with some of them.

Thanks.
Doug & Juanita
2014 Cedar Creek Touring Edition
The Cedar Creek RV Owners Club
62 REPLIES 62

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
I could save money if I 'bundled', but I don't like to have all my eggs in one basket. Geico for vehicles, Progressive for the TT, Traveler's for the house, somebody else for life. The golden rule to never having insurance problems is to never make a claim!
I dumped my agents about 25 years ago, all they did was nag me to buy more coverage. I deal with all insurance companies on-line. I also have the company apps on my smart phone. If I have a claim there's a 1-800 number, or just follow the instructions from the app.

TomHaycraft
Explorer
Explorer
Motorcycle and home are with Allstate, USAA has my vehicles and trailer. They have the make and model of the trailer, never questioned if a 5th wheel.

Shopping around, USAA's rates for vehicles could not be beat (if you are military or dependent) and their service has been excellent. Homeowners insurance, USAA has been higher that I'm willing to pay to keep everything with one carrier, so have stayed with Allstate.

One man's experience ... hope it helps you form some ideas for Monday.
2013 Silverado 3500HD - Duramax/Allison - CC, long bed, SRW, 2WD
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS - TST 507 TPMS

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I use State Farm .. but they outsource the RV coverage to some other outfit .. probably be cheaper if I went directly to the "other outfit" but I keep it under State Farm because it's convenient.
Kevin