cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jayco Eagle owners....

WHThayer
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys.. I've towed two Keystone products over the years and am now looking at the Jayco Eagle fifth wheel (not the HT) I like the 321 RSTS Any comments would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks
Stockman
23 REPLIES 23

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
CampingN.C. wrote:
2hammers wrote:
We own a 2014 Jayco Eagle Premier..just a word of warning if you haven't already pulled the trigger. After two summers of storing outdoors.... the entire unit was oxidized. We contacted Jayco.lthey told us the product to use to remove the oxidation. We used it..it looked beautiful..until less than a month later it was back! After dealing with Jayco they paid $5000 for the repaint. The total cost, $11,000. Plus the cost of decals. The dealer that we were working with told us it was a good thing we got any money out of Jayco..they just got bought out. We just got it back from the body shop..it looks beautiful! They told us the problem with the original paint was it had no sun block in it..

I've noticed, a lot of newer 5er's on the road that look terrible and thought they just weren't being taken care of.
I wonder if they've all cheapened up on the paint.

What you're seeing is a bad gel coat job from a cheap priced cap vendor. Many different MGF's use the same few cap makers.
Paint doesn't fade in a year or two.

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
2hammers wrote:
We own a 2014 Jayco Eagle Premier..just a word of warning if you haven't already pulled the trigger. After two summers of storing outdoors.... the entire unit was oxidized. We contacted Jayco.lthey told us the product to use to remove the oxidation. We used it..it looked beautiful..until less than a month later it was back! After dealing with Jayco they paid $5000 for the repaint. The total cost, $11,000. Plus the cost of decals. The dealer that we were working with told us it was a good thing we got any money out of Jayco..they just got bought out. We just got it back from the body shop..it looks beautiful! They told us the problem with the original paint was it had no sun block in it..

I've noticed, a lot of newer 5er's on the road that look terrible and thought they just weren't being taken care of.
I wonder if they've all cheapened up on the paint.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

2hammers
Explorer
Explorer

grampscamper
Explorer
Explorer
Grand Design also offer a floorplan almost identical. It's a Reflection 337RLS. We looked at both and decided on the Reflection for various reasons. I think they offer similar quality. Grand Design does provide outstanding customer service. We've only had a couple of minor issues with ours.
Good luck with your decision.
Bob
2019 Grand Design Reflection 230RL
2020 Ford F250 Lariat CC SB 4X4 6.7 B&W Companion RVK3300

smithrjd
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2011 321RLTS. It has been a very good trailer and a good buy. A couple of issues early on covered under warranty. Both were slide issues, rear street and curb side. Other than that no issues. Have traveled with it a lot.. Mileage would be around 25K. Unless things have really changed, Jayco builds a good one and backs it up. ANY trailer will have issues. Jayco has a longer warranty and backs up what they sell. Are they the cheapest?, No they are not, but to me good value for the money spent.

Hardline
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2007 Jayco Eagle 345 BHS. It been good and we are doing upgrades as we go. We bought it used and have had it about 1.5 years.
So far we have replaced all tires. Replaced the kitchen AC. I'm about to undergo the awning stripped bolt hole repair. Also just ordered a complete Electronics package to upgrade with Polk Audio surround sound, new flat screen TV and Smart Bluray player. That should make the rainy days more enjoyable.

craigandsue
Explorer
Explorer
We recently purchased a new Jayco Northpoint 5er. We did a shake down trip with the only issue being the Voyager wireless backup camera not getting a reliable signal. We took a second trip with no new issues. So far this 5er has by far had the fewest problems of anything new we bought in the past. Previous new 5ers were Montana and Heartland.
Craig, Sue, 2 boys
2013 F350 DRW Diesel, 2016 Jayco Northpoint 377RLBH, 05 Alpenlite 1150 Santa Fe

bjlakatos1
Explorer
Explorer
We are close to pulling the trigger on the 321RSTS as well. I am considering ONLY Jayco based on my experience with Starcraft (Very good) and the fact that Jayco was the first in the industry to offer a 2 yr warranty.

Not to significantly hijack the thread, I would like to ask a few questions on the 321;

1- if you have a TV that is 2013 or later did you have to mod the truck or trailer to mate level and have 6" of recommended bed rail clearance?

2-if you have 12 or 23CF fridge do you load it up while traveling (ie, slide in)? I am wondering if it can take the weight.

3-can you sleep on the bed while the slide is pulled in?

4-how are you managing with the limited cargo carrying capacity. the one i am looking at has levelers, res fridge and has CCC of 1350#

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
FrankShore wrote:
Wanted to point out the currently built "Jayco" models and them having huge quality issues!

Sorry for posting

Don't be sorry. But one unhappy customer doesn't constitute "Huge quality issues"

Go to the Jayco owners forum and i know you will not find huge quality issues.
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
travelnutz wrote:
FrankShore,

Did you not notice the OP asked about a Jayco EAGLE 5th wheel trailer, not a Jay Flight entry level trailer??? Overall, Jayco is a very fine RV with very high customer satisfaction or they wouldn't still be America's highest volume selling RV trailer.

BTW, we don't own a Jayco trailer but did back in the early 80's and it was a fine trailer. I do own a Carriage 5th wheel and a Lance truck camper and both are and have been very fine RV's, but not cheap to purchase!

My rig is an Eagle 5ver but it is considered a featherlite, he asked about Eagles so I gave my input.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
Wanted to point out the currently built "Jayco" models and them having huge quality issues!

Sorry for posting
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!

WHThayer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all of you. You make me happy that I'm going to buy the trailer...
Stockman

Toolguy5
Explorer II
Explorer II
starcraft69 wrote:
FrankShore wrote:
You might want to check out this video re; Jayco

Video Link

What dose this have to do with a Jayco Eagle??????

And as in his complaints he says he found some of the issues before he bought it but still he bought the unit.

I own a Jayco Eagle HT and there customer servic is top notch I have never had a problem wit getting anything done under warranty.
If the floor plan works for you go for it Jayco is a great unit.

Exactly!

Also if I was shopping for a new RV and noticed a lot of those defects before buying I would not have bought it. I would also make sure I could get it to dealer I bought it from for warranty work or talk to a dealer near me to make sure they will service it.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
FrankShore wrote:
You might want to check out this video re; Jayco

Video Link

The guy in the video said they pointed out some of the issues before they picked the trailer up, and he picked it up with the issues anyway. Then he complained that the local rv place didn't want to do warrantee work (at least without being on a wait list) because he didn't buy it there. What did he expect?

I think you can insert any manufacturers name in when talking about build quality.....good or bad. We've had a Starcraft (owned by Jayco) for five years now, and have had zero issues. Does it have the same fit and finish as my house? No, but there is nothing to complain about, and it's held up very well.